Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Having Second Thoughts

I've been having second thoughts about taking Bubbles' sibling. I'm just thinking it will be too much. If only I knew if they became adoptable they wouldn't take her to place them together. We were told they wouldn't move her when the sibling came because Bubbles has bonded with us, but I just don't know what to believe.

I guess I will just have to keep it in God's hands and trust in Him that he won't give me more than I can handle. The thought of finally getting a newborn baby is exciting, but I'm already running myself crazy(although I'm loving it). Maybe another infertile couple will be blessed with her child and take the baby, and not try to take Bubbles too. I'm ok with someone else getting the baby, but I don't want to lose Bubbles. What do you think all you foster parent veterans?

Sorry for my absence, but my kids having been walking all over me. I'm gonna have to try and be meaner tomorrow again.

In other news, Smiley's adoption worker is coming Thursday and we're hoping to have the adoption finalized late September/early October before his next surgeries come up. It will be so nice to be able to sign paperwork for my son to have surgery and not have to go through all the crap.

Well, got more schoolwork to do. Thanks for sticking around with me.

10 Comments:

  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger MommyNay said…

    I would be prepared to take the baby or lose bubbles. Go post on FP.com you will get many examples of both ways there. GL I HTH!

     
  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    We too one,,, then the 2 and 3, mom came up prego agian and we decided that we could NOT take any more of her kids. She has had 3 more that we know of after the one we did not take. That was 8 years ago. God only knows how many more there are... Hang in there....

     
  • At 4:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lisa

    You are on major overload right now.
    Don't make any decisions yet. The first few weeks of school for a new teacher will make or break them.
    Once school life settles into a routine, home life will seem a LOT less stressful!
    And remember Bubbles & Smiley are getting older everyday so you won't have 3 babies forever.
    Praying for you!

     
  • At 5:34 AM, Blogger Shari said…

    It is probably different everywhere but here they would try to find a home where both children could be adopted together.

     
  • At 5:51 AM, Blogger TeamWinks said…

    That's exciting news that you're going to meet with the adoption worker!

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    Trust in your heart what you can handle! But like others have said...they won't always be babies! Good luck! Wish I lived close to you - i'd take the baby and you wouldn't have to worry about losing bubbles.

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger GLouise said…

    My mom is an elem. school teacher and I know how exhausting it can be!

    Can you have an honest chat with your social worker about your fears re: Bubbles?

    Praying for strength for you! And v. excited that Smiley's adoption is looming for reals!!! yay!!!

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    I really want another baby, and would take the baby to keep
    Bubbles, but I'm so overloaded right now and I want to take him for the right reason. Maybe they won't take him at birth and he will be a month old or so before going into care. That would make things a little easier, and with Smiley, I just don't know how much longer he will be a baby. I haven't mentioned anything to social services yet, cause this may blow over and God give me piece with the decision.

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger Runergirl said…

    Don't make any decisions unless or until you have to. It's so easy to say take life one day at a time, it is just harder to do it.

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    I agree with Robin and Renee - stall as much as you can and assume they will move Bubbles even if they say they won't. For me, I think it would worse to lose her if I knew I wanted another kid eventually.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home