Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

More Feeding Progress

I was in the waiting room with Smiley Tuesday for speech therapy. I was bored, so I decided to attempt to feed him. He sucked down 3 oz of Pediasure in a matter of minutes and ate a jar of babyfood! He finished the remaining 5 oz later that day...all by mouth!!

Yesterday he drank another whole bottle at the doctors, then another that evening. This morning, by 9:30, he had drank 7 oz, almost the entire bottle! He also ate a jar of fruit.

Previously I was having some luck thicking pediasure with cereal and spoon feeding it, but the last few days, he's taken it straight from the bottle! I am attempting to go all day without using the feeding tube. The surgeon said when you can go 3 months without using it, he can take it out.

I know he still has a long way to go and he still doesn't get a firm grasp on the nipple, I do hear sucking and swallowing, and more is going on his tummy than on the bib!

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home