Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Don't Count Your Chickens

Before they hatch!


Court was cancelled this afternoon because bio mom's attorney said he wasn't notified. Hearing is re-scheduled for early June(yeah right). Just my wonderful luck!

I'm never gonna be a mommy. Poor Smiley is gonna be a foster child forever.

Guess when they notified me! The court guard informed us 45 minutes AFTER the hearing was scheduled and entertaining his mom for almost an hour.

Caseworker said she left a message on L's phone. We have 5 different phone numbers we can be reached at and it's funny how they will call all of them when they want to place a child.

The hearing was at 1:30, cancelled around 9:00 am and all the notice we got was a voicemail message around 11:30! That's just ridiculous! A half day missed work for nothing!


I'm so upset and angry right now!

14 Comments:

  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger GLouise said…

    That is indeed awful and ridiculous that you weren't given more of a heads up...Ugh, I am just so disappointed for you.

    I KNOW you will be a mommy some day, but I hate these setbacks.

    Thinking of you,

     
  • At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a crock of butter! :( Sorry, DreamMommy.

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This sounds SO much like the nonsense we went through. It took us nearly five years to finalize our kids' adoptions.

    Believe. Be strong. It WILL happen.

     
  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger Awesome Mom said…

    That stinks big time!!!

     
  • At 1:48 AM, Blogger happyadoptingmom said…

    We had 4 delays due to stupid paperwork. Praying your court date in June goes through quickly. It is good news they picked a new date for court. It use to take at least 3 months for us to get a date when it was rescheduled.

     
  • At 3:55 AM, Blogger mom to three great kids said…

    sorry you have to keep going through all this but it'll be worth it in the end.....keep faith!

     
  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    NOOOOOO!!!! Oh I am so sorry, L. That is awful - surely not the worst outcome, but awful! The longer this progresses, the more slam-dunk it becomes, but oh the wait is so hard. And making you sit with Biomom before the TERMINATION hearing???? Unheard of!!! They wouldn't even let us come to the TPR hearing - for our own protection from anyone who might be there!! But sitting with the woman who is about to have her rights terminated is dreadful.

     
  • At 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That just sucks! Is there any way you can forward all of your phones to one cell that you take with you, to prevent this problem in the future? Cause you know there *will* be future problems, just Murphy's law....

    I'm so sorry you are in limbo STILL!

    YG

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger Ken & Jordan Lukens said…

    I am so sorry about this. I can only imagine how disappointed you must be.

     
  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    I clicked on your link to see the good news- I share your devastation and anger! I am sorry!! The system makes me crazy!! Hang in there!

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    awww, i'm sorry. it is amazing how they can get ahold of you to place a kid but not for anything else.

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger TeamWinks said…

    Damn. I'm sorry. I was so hoping today would be more celebratory!

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger mommiebear2 said…

    Awww, I am sorry sweety - but, in my eyes and those babies eyes - you are already a mommy. :) (((HUGS)))

     
  • At 7:07 PM, Blogger Martha said…

    I had been thinking about you all--wondering the outcome. This is so typical. I guess the adoption process is kind of like childbirth (though I can't speak from experience)--no matter how painful it is, people are still willing to go through it for the joyous outcome. Hang in there!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home