Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Friday, January 26, 2007

What Part of Button Don't You Understand?

This is the type of g-tube button I requested OVER AND OVER for Princess:











After placed, the Mic-key button looks like this:









This is similar to what they placed on Princess:



I am NOT HAPPY!! It looks short in the picture, but Princess' feeding tube hangs out so far it can almost get tangled around her, and it gets in the way when changing her.

The nurse asked if we were comfortable with it. We said yes, but we don't like it.

The plastic cap is hard to open, it leaks, stomach contents gush out as you are trying to put stuff in.

Anyway, I'm on the hunt for someone who can change her to a button. Smiley got a button when he was very little, so did baby D. Why the hell did they put that on her? The damn tubes almost bigger than she is, being 7lbs and all my newborn clothes are too big for her.

Wish me luck. Now that she's in our care gonna have to fix this screw up!


6 Comments:

  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger TeamWinks said…

    Thank goodness she has you two looking out for her!

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hate it when doctors don't listen to me!! You are the one who has to use it everyday. I hope you can get it switched soon and that princess will tolerate it well until then.

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    You still amaze me with how much you have learned. Did you ever think you would be an expert on things like this? You're a natural now - it's soooo cool.

     
  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    I agree with Tam- that is cool to know so much- I am still a little anxious about G-tubes! but I guess I would figure it out! Have a great weekend with your FAMILY! ;)

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger Awesome Mom said…

    I feel for you. I can't believe that they put a PEG tube on her instead of a button. I hope that you can get that changed pronto so that she does not have all that tube hanging off of her poor little body.

     
  • At 7:28 AM, Blogger x said…

    I am sorry they didn't put in the right tube, that would be frustrating.

    On the other hand, I am so glad to hear that you have your princess home with you. Your house must be feeling very full these days.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home