Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Cleft Palette Repair is Complete

I don't have a lot of energy to go into too many details, but Smiley's cleft palette was repaired this morning. When the doctor talked to us after surgery, I asked how much of the palette he was able to close and he said, "all of it." Also, he said since Smiley had a g-tube, he could go home today instead of staying overnight. Normally they have to be able to take food by mouth, but since he had a g-tube, he didn't have to worry about it. He did take around 3 oz apple juice with occupational therapy before we left. I'm so proud of my big boy!

Bio mom behaved well, except for the fact that her and the boyfriend were loud and just had to wake him up. So nice of them to wake him so he could be in pain! Poor darling. At least there were no incidents at the hospital, and I was able to bite my tongue as she was wanting to feed him.

I'll go into more detail when I get the energy. I was up at 3:30am to have him at the hospital for 5 am!

Labels:

12 Comments:

  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Yay! Congratulations, and thanks for the update.

    Where are you in the TPR process, now?

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger BigP's Heather said…

    I'm so glad it went well.

    Sorry about the Momma drama.

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger runergirl said…

    So glad it was a success!!! I can't wait for PRT. That little boy just does not that type of drama in his life!!!

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Hurrah! I am sooooooooooo happy for Smiley that this surgery is DONE!!!!!

    Sorry to hear abt bio mama drama. Ugg!

     
  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger Happy Mama to Three said…

    So happy the surgery is a success thus far, and the biomom is showing her true colors each step of the way. Having been raised with many foster siblings my experience seeing "bad performances" by birth families all the time. It was so sad, and so hard for everyone to have to go through. And there the worry is always, "have we done what is best?"

    Good luck and getting him home and happy again. Now time like the present to make that one perfect family of four.

    Just checking in. My prayers continue.

    Cindi

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger Awesome Mom said…

    Congrats!! I am glad that things went so well.

     
  • At 5:22 AM, Blogger sourpatchbaby said…

    Congratulations that your baby boy is now done with the surgery. Does he have to have any more surgeries in the future? Ohhhh, I can't wait to hear that TPR is over and done with. At least bio didnt' bring over a t-bone steak for Smiley to chew on.

     
  • At 6:56 AM, Blogger TeamWinks said…

    Glad to hear he made it through like a trooper. He's a strong little man. He must get that from your hubby. :-) Can't wait to hear more about it.

     
  • At 7:10 AM, Blogger FosterMommy said…

    Yay! Now Smiley has even more to smile about!
    How long until you can start him on more food by mouth? I'm sure you're looking forward to closing off the g-tube.

     
  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    I am so glad things went well and it is completely repaired- that is great news!!! And no "big" incidents? that is amazing- God is BIG! Yea for Smiley!! :) Get some rest!

     
  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    One surgery left, hypospadia repair. Google it, it's urology related. I don't want to discuss it here.

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good going! Hope things continue to go well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home