Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

6:00 A.M.

And I'm up, wide awake. We decided to stay at my parents for the night, which is fine, expect L, Smiley and I are sharing a room.

Smiley has a sinus infection...which causes his to sniffle and snore ALL NIGHT LONG! I finally gave up and got out of bed. I do pray he heals before Wednesday so we can proceed with his first palette surgery.

Princess' situation is driving me nuts too. I was actually able to speak to a doctor on the phone yesterday! I wish I would have known the nurse was gonna let me talk to a doctor BEFORE I called so I could have wrote down questions. Basically I asked what was the game plan for getting her eating and home. He answered like a politician, answering my questions but not really answering them. Finally after listening to him go throught all the tests and issues she had over the 3 months she's been there(which I already knew about) I said, "when ae ya'll gonna make a decision about the g-tube." He said probably next week, but they are leaning towards thinking she will need it! You think!! They've only been unsuccessfully attempting to bottle feed her for almost a month! I know this because I call the hospital everyday writing down the date, nurse's name and what they tell me. This was probably one of the best decisions I made and would highly reccommend it to anyone having a baby in the NICU.

If she could just be released for one hour, she could be signed into our care, and we could have a say in her medical treatment. In the meantime, Princess remains stuck in a hospital bed, starving for attention while the hospital piddles around!

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 6:29 AM, Blogger Ken & Jordan Lukens said…

    Oh No! I feel bad for Smiley's sinuses, but just as bad for you!
    I am praying that the hospital hurries up already!!! I can imagine how frustrating the situation with Princess must be. To be so invested in a child's welfare but have basically no say in their care. Sometimes I wonder if I will be able to do this at all.
    MAPP classes start in February. 5 or 10 Weeks?? - hahaha...why did I have 7 weeks in my mind?
    Is there a big difference in the two?
    I hope that like you we have a little one (or two) in a few months!
    Thank you SO much for all of the great advice!
    Our prayers are with you and yours.

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Wow. I can't believe that a one-hour release would mean you could have say in medical treatments. That just sucks!

    I hope the doctors get things moving soon. I'll also send my best karma for Smiley to get better in time for his surgery.

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Well, I'd really need more than one hour of her being released. I'd need enough time for the caseworker to sign papers saying she's in our care. She can't technically be our foster daughter because she is in the care of the hospital right now. If she's released, put into our care, then I can make more decisions for her.

    toastnjam,

    Take the 5 week class if possible. Ours was 5 Saturdays, 6 hours each.

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    That's bizarre. With baby bear, we had to be his official foster parents *before* we could visit in the hospital. It's amazing how things differ state-to-state.

     
  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Well, we are his official foster parents. She has been in state care since birth, but since she's hospitalized, it's kinda like the hospital is her "foster parent." They have to be living with you 6 months before you can adopt them and the clock doesn't start until she is released from the hospital and actually LIVING with us. It sucks, because we agreed to be foster parents over 2 months ago!

    We are her foster parents, but not on paper yet, if that makes any sense.

     
  • At 4:09 PM, Blogger TeamWinks said…

    One of my very good friends is an RN in the NICU. She says that the doctors are tangled in red tape, and the children are the ones that suffer. Rest assured, everybody is looking forward to the day the gorgeous Princess gets to go home with you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home