Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Monday, January 15, 2007

I Got The Baby!

I had my first piece of king cake this Mardi Gras season this morning. I got the baby, so what do you think it means?

A. I will become pregnant soon.
B. Princess will come home in the next couple months.
C. Both my foster children will be freed for adoption this year.
D. I'll get ants from keeping the sugar-coated plastic baby in my desk drawer at work.

Unfortunately, for those that don't know Mardi Gras tradition, it means I get to buy the next king cake. Since there's no way in hell I have time to get to the store, I'll just not tell anyone, besides most cakes don' t hide the baby in the cake anymore for fear of someone choking and suing!

Since we're on the subject of New Orleans...how about them Saints! I can't believe they made it that far in the playoffs. I actually watched most of the game with my dad on Saturday night. NFL football usually bores me(although I LOVE college football) but the game was pretty nail biting.

Smiley is slowing getting better and hopefully will be healed enough to still have surgery on schedule.

With Princess, it's anybody's guess when she will be released. Maybe we can take a poll on that too, but answer my first question too. I think the doctors will finally agree to place the g-tube and now will have to go through the process of getting the proper consent papers signed by social services(which is a serious pain in the ass). Besides the feeding issues, they are worried about her cough. The cardiogist mentioned "heart failure' several times when we went to visit her Saturday. It was a little scary sounding, but we're not re-considering taking her. Her other cardiologist assured me she should be fine after her next surgery. It is just so wrong that she has to go through all this.

I sometimes wonder if she will ever get to come home. The trip to visit is difficult to make, 4 hours round-trip with a 14 mo old in the back seat bored from the long ride. Then Mardi Gras is approaching which will make visiting nearly impossible with all the parades running.

I know when this is all over, and if we get to adopt them both, we'll look back and know it was worth it.

10 Comments:

  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger TeamWinks said…

    I answer B to the first question. You had me fooled with your title. I was hoping it meant that Princess was already on her way home.

    Regardless, it sounds like you are in high spirits!

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Hey - I got the baby in the king cake last year at work, so now I am a TRUE believer in the little plastic baby!!! It has sat on my post-it note holder ALL YEAR. Sometimes, I would secretly pick it up and talk to it!! BWAHAHAHAH.

     
  • At 7:16 AM, Blogger GLouise said…

    I was also fooled by the title!
    You are sneaky! :-)

    What a neat Mardi Gras tradition. What exctly is a "king cake" though? You'll need to send us some other little stories as we enter Mardi Gras season. :-)

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    I love King Cake- I think you should make the baby a charm! :) That is exciting- I hope they get the papers signed soon- and the g-tube in quickly- Glad to hear Smiley is getting better- :)

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger TeamWinks said…

    You've been tagged over on my blog.

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Do you have a recipe for King Cake that is really good? I have tasted some really cruddy ones from bakeries here in town - what do you expect from King Cake in KY??? Anyhow - if you do, would you please send it to me? Hugs!

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WHAT IS KING CAKE????????

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Ok, OK!! I'll explain the king cake tradition tomorrow! It's really yummy.

    Tamara,

    I think there's a bakery around baton rouge that has a way to mail king cakes that you can order. Google Gambinos and see if they have a website.

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    I'm gonna have to do a little research. All I know about king cakes is they are really good, kinda like cinnamon rolls but in a cake with Mardi Gras colors icing. I think the colors mean something.

    I

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, if you're going to mail-order a King Cake, go with Ambrosia Bakery in Baton Rouge. OMG. Ambrosia is amazing. Amazing, amazing, amazing. Ohhhh... now I want to move back to Louisiana just to eat pastry!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home