Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Friday, November 17, 2006

Little Toes

Per Julie's suggestion, baby N will now be referred to as Smiley, and should we take the new baby, she will be Princess.

Among Smiley's many medical needs, he is having a very minor surgery this morning to fix his toes. On each foot, one of the toes lays on top of another toe. I don' t know the medical term, but this is being corrected today. It should take less than 5 minutes.

After today, we should only have 2-3 more surgeries for Smiley:

1-2 surgeries for cleft palette repair
1 surgery for hypospadia repair

Oh yeah, I absolutely must brag on Smiley. He ate a whole jar of sweet potatoes! It was a smaller one, but he ate every bite, plus a little fruit, some juice all in about 20 minutes time! I'm glad I decided to hold off on Occupational Therapy. Now that his O/T told me it was safe to feed him, even if it came out his nose(sorry to be so graphic), I have less fear and can enjoy feeding my baby. Such small milestones are a big deal for Smiley.

Last night I had Smiley on the floor and he got into an almost sitting position on his own! He has also been getting into crawling position on his own and rocking, so his P/T thinks he will be crawling by Thanksgiving. On the other hand, his bio mom is SURE he will be walking in January for her birthday. Talking to Smiley's paternal grandma, she said his father did not walk until he was 2! It would be wonderful to have Smiley walking, or at least sitting well on his own before our Disney World trip.

We are just patiently working with him and celebrating small milestones

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 7:20 AM, Blogger Happy Mama to Three said…

    What an amazing little guy you have, and what wonders love and affection can do for a child.

    Blessings for your Smiley! and I pray God is watching over Princess and Keeping her safe and sound.

    C

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger TeamWinks said…

    Smiley is definitely making some serious progress! Good for him (and you too!) Will today's procedure hurt?

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Yea for Smiley- yup- he should be crawling very soon! then look out! :) next is standing! and it happens QUICK! I am glad he is getting these procedures behind him and hopefully he won't remember them. Sugarbean had a toes like that but they weren't completely on top- just barely. I don't know if they will do anything about it. hum..... I am praying for Princess. When will you hear something?

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    If I don't hear anything from Princess' cw today, I probably won't get to see her until after the holidays. She is taking off next week.

     
  • At 11:24 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Wow - now THAT is much feeding progress. I'm really excited about that. I bet he absolutely loves eating real food and all the tastes and textures. Glad to know this surgery will be simple - for a change. The others will be doozies, so hurray for a little one. I sure hope he heals quickly, but if it's anything like his lip, he's a fast healer and a real trooper!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home