Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Unprepared

Our worker called L yesterday. Apparantly, there had been a lot of complaints after the hearing on Tuesday. The judge was pissed because the state was not prepared, and sent most of the kids back home that day. Scooter's attorney did not show up and no one from the state spoke on his behalf.

Now don't get me wrong, Scooter seemed to have a safe, loving home to go to, but what about the other children. I am now extremely worried for baby N. Unlike Scooter, baby N's mom is not capable of caring for him, and returning home what put him in serious harm. Baby N's FTC is today and I told L to make sure they would have someone speaking for him at court. I wish I could go, but I already missed Tuesday for court.

Ok, on to the potential new placement. Yes, I am assuming she will be freed for adoption because her caseworker said she was a poor prognosis case, which is like baby N's case, where they are pretty sure, due to the circumstances, that the child will not return home.

She has to have a few heart surgeries, but I do not think her health conditions were as serious as baby D. Both parents are in jail, so we were told there would be no visits. She was born addicted to crack/cocaine. Poor lil' one. Why must babies be put through this?

If we take her, and she becomes freed for adoption, I will probably change her name, so let's have a little fun and tell me your favorite girl names. Here's mine, but don't laugh ok? I like the princess type names:

Arabella
Ariel
Isabelle
Tabitha

Darn, I'm drawing a blank now. Next, I need an internet name for her, and while you're at it, let's name baby N too. I hate to call him baby N forever, cause he will not be a baby forever.

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At 6:10 AM, Blogger TeamWinks said…

    I like Isabelle. That sounds nice.

    :-)

     
  • At 6:13 AM, Blogger Megamom said…

    How bout katarina, i have one of those, and an Ariana and a Zemirah!

     
  • At 6:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ariana is my favorite!!!

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger Happy Mama to Three said…

    I love those flowery flowy names too. Ophelia, Olivia, Angelica, Victoria, Arabella. And then I like some of those older names like Loralei, Virginia, Violet, Felicity, Caroline.

    Yeah I have baby envy, so shoot me.

    I hope if this placement is meant to be that she comes home very soon and you can start showering her with all that love.

    I will be praying for Baby N today. Sounds like his case needs it.

    Cindi

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    I like Isabelle too- you can call her Bella- I love that- Internet name can be Princess. :)
    Praying for your Prince- Baby N. :) I hope they stick by what is right for him and keep him safe with ya'll!

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have to say Isabelle, but only because I have one of those myself! We call her Belle though.

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like Isabelle... and then Baby N could be Nathaniel - from the fictional childrens book "Nathaniel and Isabelle" featured on the TV series 6 feet under.

    My husband and I would like to name our daughter (if and when) Tabitha. But then it was joked if you let someone hold the baby you would be "keeping Tabs on them" and we're not sure about the pun.

    Sx

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Oh I love ALL of those names - especially Isabelle. SO lovely, indeed. I am still beside myself that TPR is not until May. I'm imagining courtroom workers sitting around playing cards while Smiley keeps being shuffled to visits. Ugh! On the other hand, YOU HAVE A DATE!!!! Which is SUCH GREAT NEWS. I will praise God any time for just getting you all a date. Excellent. I'll take it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home