Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Batman and Robin

No, I'm not a huge Batman fan, just a victim of the lack of selection in Halloween costumes size 12-18 months. Yes, Scooter and baby N had the same size costume. I'm working on fattening Scooter up a bit. Any ideas?

Trick or treating was fun and it was nice having kids to share Halloween with, even if they aren't legally mine. I never seen SY so willing to push baby N's heavy stroller, but since she realized she'd get lots of free candy, she was all for it. They don't do trick or treat in Korea(I guess because it's too much fun). I told her she should suggest starting it over there.

In other news, after baby N's mom made another angry outburst at OCS, the cw decided to order her into anger management!

A question to all of you experienced foster parents please. We got a letter about Scooter's family team conference. Our names and his mom were addressed in the letter. If Scooter is going home to dad, shouldn't he have to attend? Why should we have to take off work if his dad, the one they want to give custody to, doesn't have to come? Any ideas?

8 Comments:

  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    That is cute- What happened to the info that would keep dad from getting Scooter? I would ask the cw about the family conf. but I think it is more about the mom- even though she is getting to keep him. we had one for Gracie and that was what it was even though at the time they were thinking about kinship- they wanted to give mom a chance. which she is doing NOTHING with.

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hear that whole-milk yogurts, like YoBaby, are good for putting weight onto babies and toddlers.

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Sounds like the boys were cute and everyone had a good Halloween.

    Can't help with the fostering questions... but it doesn't make much sense to me that dad wouldn't be there.

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    any chance we can see pics of the boys in their costumes?

     
  • At 7:17 PM, Blogger CJ said…

    I would ask them about that. He certainly SHOULD be there.

     
  • At 9:18 PM, Blogger Nique said…

    Well hey Australia doesn't do trick or treat either really. I think there is some people that do it but its not like in America and to be honest I hope it never becomes that way here, we have enough stuff we have to spend money on let along buying lollies to give away (if I am buying them I want to eat them lol)!

     
  • At 11:44 PM, Blogger MamaKBear said…

    I'd call the caseworker and ask about that if you haven't already...may have been an oversight. You're absolutely right, if Dad is the one they are trying to get him home with, he should definitely have to be there!

     
  • At 5:44 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    anonymous,

    Email me, tell me a little about yourself, and I may be able to email a pic.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home