Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Monday, November 13, 2006

One Empty Slot

SY went to live with another family yesterday and now we have an opening for another child. I decided to wait patiently for my baby girl. No, I really will wait patiently with 2 boys keeping me busy!

We finally got baby N's feeding tube change and the doctor was a real asshole! Just some of the few ugly remarks L and MIL had to endure after a long night and recovering from sinus surgery:

-the surgeon had to take his daughter to school.
-he is in surgery so you will have to wait.

Then L said "let's go" and suddenly the surgeon happened to not be in surgery, but in his office and was there in the next 5 minutes.

A-hole: I hear your angry.

MIL: yes we're angry, this baby's tube needs to be fixed.

A-hole: Well, this is not an emergency! I'm the only pediatric surgeon west of the Mississippi River in the state(which I highly doubt), so you're just gonna have to wait!

MIL: Not an emergency?? This ONE YEAR OLD BABY, has not had anything to eat or drink since 4 pm yesterday, and he is leaking stomach fluids and his skin is all broken out!

A-hole: Don't get mad at me, I'm not the one who broke it!

A-hole doctor then proceeded to rip the feeding tube out of baby N's stomach and change it. We put a different kind in that has to be changed in 4 months, so he told us we had to come back to the emergency room so he could change it, instead of his office. I guess he figures that way he can make us wait all day!

Anyway, he will NOT be changing his feeding tube. I'm working on a referral for another doctor.

Ok, now to Scooter.

Court is tomorrow. He could go home, but it's not likely. All I heard is that some "red flags" have come up with dad, but can't get my hopes up just yet. Looks like my little man will be around for at least six months, but I should know more tomorrow.

Oh yeah, the sibling set of 4 last week...L's coworker is taking them! God bless him and his family. They already have to bio daughters and 1 foster son, so that will bring their total to 7 kids!

I was told I can't have another in diapers, so must try to quickly get Scooter potty trained! Of course, they will bend the rules if they need to.

13 Comments:

  • At 7:00 AM, Blogger Megamom said…

    thats actually a fostering rule? Thats kinda crazy to me, yeah 3 in diapers in no fun, but shouldnt htat be your call, not theirs?

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger TeamWinks said…

    I agree with mj. If you can get the job done with three in diapers, so be it. Seriously now. Anway, that doctor seriously seemed like an Ahole. Good luck with the referral. Crossing my fingers for you and Scooter!

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Poor baby N. I hope that awful doctor learns how to treat people with a little compassion.

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Poor little one. Did you at leat get the doctor's license plate? Because you know, someone could "accidentally" put sugar in his tank... Not an emergency my butt! He deserves sugar in his tank and slashed tires to boot. Shame on him making poor little one suffer.`

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    What gets me is he made it out like it was my fault! It's a piece of plastic and it's lasted a year already!

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How is the potty training going? Must be hard with you at work.
    Was SY okay with leaving?

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger chris said…

    I just got caught up. You poor thing, those poor babies. Hang in there. You know I already think you're a bit of a saint ;-)

    Oh, that doctor? You need to complain to someone. My BIL is a surgeon and so many of them are jerks. And by jerk I mean pr*cks. I'm just trying to be polite.

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Just got caught up after having been in FL - no time to blog just yet! Oh dear, I am so sorry for your little sweetie and what he had to go through. What a nightmare. I bet you're relieved to have SY out - but your plate is so full! Shame on a-hole Doc. Shame on him. I am sending BIG hugs and prayers. I hope this week gets a little easier - no, a LOT easier!

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    I'm glad to hear the tub got fixed and I'm sorry your doctor totally sucks. Hope you get that referral quickly.

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What kind of tube did they put in? If it is a mic-key or any one like that then you can change it yourself and not have to rely on that rude man.

     
  • At 7:27 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    I am glad to hear that his tube got changed but i can't believe the dr was such an a$$. I hope you get a good referral. I am glad that SY finally left but I can't beleive she didn't go to her home yet- how long is she suppose to be in the states? Here in TX you can't have more than 2 under 18 months in your home while fostering. I think it saves your sanity. Good luck with potty training!!! Can't wait to hear!

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger x said…

    Did I miss something? Why did SY get moved? Is she o.k. with moving?
    That doctor sounds like a real asshole. As if having a feeding tube isn't bad enough. I can't imagine poor baby N with nothing to eat. I would have been hysterical.

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    awesome mom,

    they put a mic-key in.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home