Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Monday, November 06, 2006

1st Birthday Party

Baby N doesn't turn 1 until Friday, but since L is having sinus surgery on Wednesday, we had his birthday party at my parents' house on Saturday. Baby N just kinda stared at his cake...until I stuck my finger in the icing and put it in his mouth..yummy! Should have seen his face! He then dug both arms into the cake.

I got Scooter a couple gifts to open up also. I won't be doing it next year if he's still with us, but considering he just came into foster care 3 weeks ago, he needed some toys of his own anyway.

Scooter's family team conference is today. I have to work, but L will give me an update so hopefully I'll have more news tomorrow.

Today is also both kids' family visits. Baby N's family is doing his birthday party for him today.

L just called a minute ago. Baby D's caseworker called us to take a sibling set of 4 from 2 to 8! L said we don't have the room, but they sounded desperate and like they would work with us. Six kids!! Wow! I'd definately have to try to prevent pregnancy then!

Foster parenting is so exciting sometimes! You never know what surprise will come up next!

5 Comments:

  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Happy B-day, Baby N!!! I hope that by next year, you'll be finalized with your forever family!

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger DrSpouse said…

    Wow! Four siblings! Just think of the allowances - surely you wouldn't need to work any more then??

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    OKAY- 6 kids!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! that would be fun- but I do think you would have to go ahead and quit work! :)

     
  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    I told L if he lets me quit working, we can talk...lol.

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger CJ said…

    I do have to admit, I miss the excitement of not knowing what call may come in! Foster care is NOT something we plan on doing anytime in the near future, but I do miss it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home