Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

More on the Week from Hell!

On top of my crisis yesterday, when I finally got to work my boss informed me that the receptionist called in sick with a cold(gimme a break!). Since I wasn't there, they called her and told her that her and her cold need to come to work.

She is out again today...and left early yesterday afternoon.

Another co-worker is in the hospital indefinately.

Nurse C will not be able to come on Friday.

Baby N's surgery is next week, so I'm off next Thursday and Friday.

It is my BUSIEST time of the month now, and my work is piling more and more since I've been out of my office answering phones.

Work due tomorrow and barely got started, so not gonna make that deadline.

Cannot stay late because don't want to lose MIL as an afternoon sitter.

I wish I could give my notice. I can't take this anymore. This has been a regular problem, not an occasional one. Why am I the only one who has to go to work?

5 Comments:

  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger FosterAbba said…

    Your job situation sounds pretty typical of what most working parents experience. You have to juggle the responsibilities of your job and those of your family, and sometimes it requires tough choices. If you are unhappy with your current situation, you really only have one of three choices: quit working, suck it up and deal with it, or find another job.

    Speaking as self-employed business professional, however, your childcare issues should not be your employer's problem. Your employer has hired you to do your job and be there when needed. If you aren't able to meet their expectations (even if they seem unreasonable to you) then you should quit and either become a SAHM or find another job.

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger GLouise said…

    As a longtime reader, I am not sure that your office is "typical." It sounds like a really stressful place to work, with you being expected to show up even when other co-workers get out of doing work. And they allow smoking throughout the common areas-- ugg!

    I know you want another job, or to be a SAHM... I hope that one of those things will happen for you soon.

    Sending a prayer that some peace will enter your day today.

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    My co-worker who went to China to adopt was told by our boss that it was "very inconvenient". Um, yeah - mean people suck. Period. I'm sorry, Lisa - I do hope you are able to ditch the place one way or another.

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger x said…

    Some work places are very unforgiving, it might be time to polish the resume. I am sure SAHM sounds pretty darn good right now.

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Go for it! Being a SAHM isn't for everyone, and you might have to go without some luxuries, but I think it is well work it at this stage in my child's life. Worked non-stop for the past 21 yrs since college...I LOVE being home...although it is a LOT more work than I had bargained for! No coffee breaks here! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home