Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

25 Accomplishments in One Year

I stole this idea from Tamara, since I actually didn't have a crisis to write about, so enjoy this whine free post!

1. Decided adoption wasn't as scary as I thought and decided to pursue adoption through foster care.

2. Completed MAPP classes and homestudy.

3. Became a licensed foster parent.

4. Accepted the special needs placement God provided me after coming to the conclusion that He knows what He is doing.

5. Learned to g-tube feed a baby and that a feeding tube is not so scary.

6. Started trusting my maternal instincts with baby N rather than letting medical professionals make all the decisions.

7. Show respect to and earned respect from baby N's bio mom.

8. Opened my home to many strangers (nurses, etc).

9. Started to understand why God didn't let me get pregnant yet, considering I couldn't imagine my life without baby N.

10. Convinced my husband to pursue adoption enough where he called OCS to set up foster parent classes.

11. Learned how to explain to several children in public what a cleft lip was, settling their curiosity, and hopefully teaching them something.

12. Learned from L that using the phrase "isn't he cute" at someone staring hard at baby N works well.

13. Provided a home for a child who may have gotten lost in the system due to his temporary medical needs.

14. Become second parents to Jack and Jill when their parents were having problems.

15. Began learning how to get around the foster care system and get things done.

16. Took in an exchange student from Korea.

17. Learned that we are NOT ready to raise a teenager yet.

18. Tried to be understanding of a Korean father trying to run our household by letting her stay with us.

19. Gave my student a chance to be an American teenager and have fun for a while.

20. Realized how lucky I am to be an American and have freedom of choice.

21. Taught religious education for teenagers(before baby N) and watch my husband, who is a new Catholic, become the best 7th grade religious ed. teacher in our parish.

22. Celebrated 3 years of marriage.

23. Got more involved in church.

24. Had less crying spells over fertility loss.

25. Met nurse C, one of the nicest people I know after getting baby N.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Wow - isn't it just amazing and humbling to look back and see just how much you've (and God) had done? Gosh, we are blessed women!

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger soralis said…

    Sounds like there have been some wonderful things in your life!

    Take care

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    WOW! That's a lot to be proud of! I was happy to finally find someone who is providing foster care. I am a CPS worker and plan on having a few foster kids even if we have our own. Foster/adopt is an amazing opportunity many couples don't even inquire about.
    Keep up the good work!!!

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger GLouise said…

    What a year it has been! I am rejoicing for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home