Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Monday, August 28, 2006

You Read My Mind.

Apparenty Tertia is feeling my pain with her baby not sleeping through the night. I feel for her much more. She has twins, and I only have one baby that won't sleep. She received tons of comments and suggestions, but my situation is a little unique...

Baby N has figured out that when he has a tantrum, I try to let him cry it out and he usually drifts off to sleep.

Since crying doesn't get him held all the time he threw me a curveball...

He will scream until he makes himself throw up...then he gets picked up.

Having no palette it is not good for him to throw up...

What should I do besides giving him his way(he is fed and dry when he does this, it's just wanting to be held all the time)?

Please help, before baby N drives L nuts, and then both L and baby N drive me nuts!

5 Comments:

  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    You already know I'm no good at the sleeping thing either - we are still mostly co-sleeping, except when we can get her in the crib when she is so exhausted she doesn't wake up. We adore co-sleeping, but it does kill a sex life - on the up-side, we all sleep better. NOW, however, she is teething again (top teeth this time, though none have broken through) - that cry of pain is now too familiar. I wish you much luck, hun. We moved her crib back into our bedroom because it was just easier for everyone - we are thinking of putting it up against our bed so she doesn't feel so far away (a whole 6 feet!).

    It very well could be the teeting pain - when Cookie went through it, her sleep was awful for about a month. Awful. Nothing helped except Tylenol - nothing. We just had to know at some point, it would get better.

    I do hope you get more sleep soon. I completely relate.

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger x said…

    I wish I had some advice. Screaming until he throws up sounds like a miserable situation for both of you.

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger soralis said…

    What to do with a little one that doesn't understand anything? That is a good question!

    With my guys it's all about distraction... try to distract him with something else would be my only suggestion. From what I have read you can't spoil a baby so I don't think picking him up is too bad of thing (Except when you need sleep! :) )

    Good luck finding something that works for Baby N

     
  • At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm a tough-love kind of gal, but given N's special circumstances ... obviously you can't just let him cry and puke and hurt himself.

    Hm.

    I think if I were in your shoes, I'd try giving him a week of super-love. Pretend he's a newborn if that helps ... and who knows, maybe he is having some kind of pain or growth spurt or who knows. Anyway, I'd say hold him like crazy for a week or so, and then try the old routine (letting him cry a bit). Maybe he'll forget about his puking tactics, or he'll be over his need for constant holding.

    Keep up the good work! Try to remember that whatever terrible thing is going on, baby's change so fast that he won't be doing it for long!

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger DrSpouse said…

    Standard I-don't-have-kids disclaimer, but I read a study where carrying babies when they aren't crying (and when it's more convenient for you, also) reduces the amount of time they cry considerably. Then they get used to the idea that NOT crying gets them picked up...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home