Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Where do I start?

Hurricane--we dodged the bullet on that one.

Baby N Milestone--he slept his first ful night in his own bed, in his own room, by himself. Well, he didn't technically sleep much, but he did spend the entire night in his room last night!

SY update--apparantly she decided to sneak on the computer while we were at my mom's house, because I got on my sister's computer and it was in Korean. L got pissed, had a talk with her, and come to find out her little brother is being a little shit, spying on her when she is on the internet and ratting her out to her father, who is also being a pain in the ass.

Her coordinator told her no computer the entire remainder of her stay and 1 phone call a month. We decided for her to not contact her father or ask him to send money. So, for the next 4 months, we have an adopted daughter or young roomate however you look at it.

Do you know she left on a plane to come here January 1 and on Dec 31 she had a full day of school. Her mom was gonna take her around the city the evening before she left, but her brother reminded her father that she had academy that night(which is basically another school). That asshole made his daughter go to academy that night, until 10:30pm, the night before she would be leaving and he would not see her for an entire year!!

And people like that can produce children easily...

While I love him to death, baby N has been a lil' shit too lately. He must be teething again. He is spoiled the arm to the point that he will throw a tantrum so bad he will make himself throw up(because he knows this will get him picked up)! He did this twice yesterday. Not that I don't love holding him, but with L still sick, I'm pretty much on my own taking care of him, and L, and the teenager living with me. When can I shower? eat? What can you do to stop this and his age? Nurse C said you pretty much just have to give him his way for safety reasons obviously.

And they think my baby will have mental delays....He sounds pretty smart to me.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:02 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Parenting in other cultures is so diffent it blows me away. I am counseling a family right now- teaching them the dad to "bond" with the children and they are american! What it means to have "fun" with your kids- not just teach them all the time. Poor SY. No wonder she has been hard. Hang in there with her!
    I can't believe L is still sick!! I am so sad for him- and YOU! Has he been back to the DR?? You definatly have your hands full- sounds like MIL may need to come take care of her son and give you a break!!! Hang in there!! Prayers for all of you!!!!

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    L has a very mild case of mono. He is still sick, because he does not stop and rest, but keeps working.

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger GLouise said…

    You have your hands full! Wish I could come give you some help!

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My baby N has never slept through the night. I use a sling through the day to let him be held and still get things done. I cannot imagine my 9 month old throwing up, it must be very hard to think he is doing this to himself. I will pray for baby N and L right now. Have a peace filled day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home