Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Monday, August 07, 2006

My Big Boy!

First, of all I want to thank Michelle for the blanket trick with the feeding tube. So far it's working. Also, please visit her site and send her your support. She's just been hit with some bad news.

Now, on to baby N. I got his report back from the cleft team and in the notes it said I could try bottle feeding him pedialite, then move on to juice if he didn't choke on the pedialite.

I bought him apple juice this weekend and tried it. He loves it! He gulped down the first few sips so I took it from him scared he was going to fast, then let him drink again. I still can't notice much missing from the bottle, but I definately hear him sucking and swallowing! He drank about an once over the course of the day yesterday. It's not much, but he's doing better.

Work, not even gonna go there today. It hasn't gotten better though.

I may be starting another site soon for my more private thoughts. Too many people in the "real world" have found this site and now there are things I just can't write about, knowing some of the people reading. Most of my entries will be here, but I'll save the more private talk about cycling and periods and other "fun stuff" for their. I'll ask for emails when I get it set up and will send links to my friends I do not know in the "real world." All baby N updates, pregnancy progress(I can hope huh?), will still be here.

Another day begins...yippie...

2 Comments:

  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Sounds like you got some good advice- I was out on Friday but I use the distraction thing too with SB and diaper changes and breathing treatments. They just love to pull on those tubes! I sometimes let her hold the tube down further where she can't pull it off her face- since I am holding it there- but the blanket sounds like it is working! Great news on the feeding! He is getting to be such a big boy! cutie!

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hear Livejournal is good for controlling who sees what, although then your readers have to have LJ accounts, too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home