Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

My Baby Shower

July 22! It's a month away, but happy to have one! Need to register.

L wanted to wait til TPR, but told him we'd get other baby placements, even if baby N went home.

Now I feel like a normal fertile woman. The only thing I'm missing is the pregnancy part. The whole "having a baby with our genes" never seemed to matter to me, but I will miss feeling the baby kick, watching it be born, but with those beautiful smiles baby N gives me(many of you have seen them by email), who cares about morning sickness or labor pains!

Oh yeah, updates from yesterday's visit.

-biomom has a fiancee' and husband(can't afford divorce)
-fiance has a 7 ft python living with them, that eats $10 rats(and probably babies too)
-biomom can't operate feeding tube, even with nurses' help, spilled a lot of the bottle. I asked nurse to show her again next week, to give her the benefit of the doubt. It can be tricky, but only when baby N squirms or tries to pull out the tube, neither happened because nurse was holding him down.

-let her 3 yr old hold him unassisted.

-Bio grandma wants to meet me. Why? I thought these visits were for them and the baby. I have to work. We can't both attend every visit just to socialize!

-bio mom wants to take baby N to the zoo after we leave the hospital with him.

Oh, I had So Young take a picture of me tube feeding baby N. I think it's something he may be interested in when he gets older. I'm glad I did. I want it for his lifebook.

I think baby N will be here to stay. Keep prayers coming please.

9 Comments:

  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    All sounds positive. Love that! except for the grandma- I guess that she will just join in on a bio mom visit? the python is definately a neg to moving him to live there!!!!

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    We have a tiny little rat snake... no bigger around than my thumb... and I'm nervous about having it in the house with a baby. NO way I could do it with a big python like that!!

    Sounds like things are moving in the right direction. YAY for a baby shower date! Have fun registering! My hubby got a little carried away with the scan gun when we registered last weekend... so watch out for that!

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Megamom said…

    I so hope you get to keep baby n, i feel sorry for the biomom though but still im rooting for you :)

     
  • At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rooting for you!

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger sourpatchbaby said…

    YAY!!!! Things are sure falling into place now. I feel sorry for grandma though, knowing that her daughter is like that and not being able to fix things. It must be horrible to see your child walking down the wrong paths and not doing anything about it. Grandma will just have to realize that baby N is yours to stay.

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Grandma had her chance, but already adopted his 2 older sisters. She just couldn't take every child her daughter made.

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    A python...hmmmm...how very parent-y of him. LOL. Just curious - how old is Biomom, and the siblings?

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    biomom-25
    Sisters 7 and 4

     
  • At 11:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've almost forgotten that So Young is still with you :>

     

Post a Comment

<< Home