Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Please Take Me Baby Shopping....

Ever since I got baby N, I've been desparately needing to go shopping for baby gear. Of course, with a baby, you don't have time to go shopping for baby gear, so I've been screwed. I was REALLY hoping to go tomorrow, but L is backed up cutting yards! Maybe I can sweet talk him into doing them Sunday.

Mom called and a babystore is having a scratch and dent sale on baby furniture. Since I still have no baby bed, I'd really like to go. Also, they have a wedge I can put in the crib for pretty reasonable and baby N will finally be able to sleep more comfortably(and safely) in his own bed. I need to register anyway...badly.

I talked to baby N's nurse on the phone yesterday evening. She tried giving him some pedialite by bottle(how exciting). He took about 1/2 once, but she stopped b/c he was breaking out in a little rash, probably from the dye. I got some clear pedialite today and will probably try again this weekend. The good news: he swallowed some and didn't choke, so we can safely keep working with bottle feeding him! I've been DYING to give him a bottle since we first got him.

Well, gonna try and butter up L for a shopping excursion.....

6 Comments:

  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Dang, I still need to mail you stuff - I have a wedge that Cookie doesn't use anymore - I WILL mail it tomorrow (Sat.) I PROMISE!

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    That is cool! You don't want to do too much shopping right before the shower- however it is SOOOOOO tempting! :) I am excited about the bottle feeding!! That is GREAT!

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Taking the feeding one small step at a time though.

    Tamara,

    Does the wedge fit the width of the crib? That's the only way he can use it.

     
  • At 6:38 AM, Blogger Drea said…

    Registering is such fun! :-)Ive seen those wedges 2. They are nice. I didnt se ethem around when my lil boy was a newborn... so when he had reflux and a cold I'd raise his crib mattress up with blankets under it to make it at an angle.

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Hey L - I found a new blog you might like to see - it's " Journey for Hope" and I added a link to it - it's a pre-adoptive mom trying to adopt a baby with some special medical needs - sounded a lot like your adventure with Baby N! I thought of you when I read it.

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger Paz123 said…

    I have shopped at KBToys for shopping for my baby's birthday.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home