Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Catching My Breath

What a long weekend. Sorry for the silence. I couldn't write yesterday because our nurse was a no show again and the agency "forgot" to have the decency to call and let us know! We've had baby N 3 weeks and we're averaging 2 days a week with no nurse showing up at our home(with little or no notice).

Anyway, I had baby N packed and ready, but when the nurse didn't show up, it screwed my whole day up, so I called work to tell them I wouldn't be in at all. His bloodwork is done(genetic) and should get results in 4 weeks, then schedule surgery. Baby N is a tough little cookie! He didn't cry from the needle stick.

I registered Saturday. L and So Young stayed at my parents' house, while mom, baby N and I registered and went baby shopping. Had to tube feed baby N in Babies R' US. Used one of their rocking chairs in the middle of the store. The restroom was way too nasty! If fertiles can breastfeed in the middle of the store, I can feed my baby too. Never seen so many pregnant women. Was a little sad thinking I'll probably never be pregnant, but looked at my bundle of joy in my buggie. I was looking for something and needed help but couldn't find noone. I mentioned to my mom maybe I should put a pillow under my shirt to get some help.

I didn't get to shop as much as I wanted because it's exhausting registering with a baby. Mom and my grandma went together on a baby bed for him. Now I feel like I have a real baby.

I had a mini freak out when cell phone rang about 1 this morning and the caller ID said "mom and dad's house" Shaking, I went to my missed calls and called the number, to have some strange guy answer. Don't remember everything that was said, but it turned out the be the wrong number, and his phone number was the same phone number as my parents but different area code. How strange is that?

Another strange thing(perhaps sign from God), we went to mass at my parents' church Sunday morning. Walking out with baby N, this lady tapped me on the shoulder:

Lady: I know this sounds crazy, but I had a dream about a cleft baby last night. I dreamed he was screaming and crying, but now that I see him here, I know he is gonna be ok.

Me: Thanks. Well, actually he is in foster care and we are hoping to adopt him if you could keep us in your prayers....


Turns out this lady is a speech therapists, but hadn't worked with cleft palette babies in a couple years.

Strange weekend....

7 Comments:

  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    The lady at church sounds like a good sign. I can just see you feeding baby N at Babies R us! cutie! I would have done the same thing- if he is hungry- he needs to eat- Boys got to eat! I can't believe you have to wait so long for the results- and his surgery! poor thing- they need to get it together!

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger sourpatchbaby said…

    That is definitely a sign from God. Like the lady said, baby N is going to be alright. Make sure to give us the link up for your registry. I have a few things for you already(not fully done unpacking). God will keep him in the palm of His hand throughout the surgery.

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger soralis said…

    Just catching up, I am finally back from my vacation. Sounds like you have been busy!

    Take care and I hope Baby N becomes a permanent member of your family very soon!

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Wow - I have chills. Sounds like you were in the company of a real angel. I agee - a sing from God. I love your Babies R Us story - you are right, shopping with a baby anytime can be exhausting - especially when they don't want to stay in the carrier and want to be held/carried all over the store and then wiggle like crazy - ugh, my back! I know, hun. Keep the faith. (And many prayers for a new nurse)

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    Babies are very tiring in general. I found some great t-shirts, N sooooo needs one!
    http://www.plotkindesigns.com/detailpages/cleftdude.html
    and
    http://www.plotkindesigns.com/detailpages/stopstaring.html

    Happy shopping.

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    The lady at church sounds heavenly. Definitely a sign that all is as it is meant to be.

    Babies-R-Us is INSANE on Saturdays! It's so bad at the one here, dh won't even let me go then. Only weekday evenings for us. (Though we did a Sunday afternoon once and it wasn't too bad). Glad you got registered and have a baby bed for your little one! How exciting!!

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger GLouise said…

    I am glad you finally got to register! What fun!
    And of course you shouldn't have to feed a baby in the bathroom. Eww! Good for you.

    Wow- what an amazing comment from the lady at church.

    God speaks to us all the time, it is hard for me to tune in sometimes :-) Maybe he'll send me a lady like that ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home