Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Stepping Back

Baby N's mom is back in town. Social worker must schedule visit while she is here.

Foster mom can't find a nurse willing to come to our home.

Now, it's back to finding a convenient time to go to her home.

Seriously considering waiting on another placement. One where the foster mom isn't calling all the shots.

Removed pictures from computer. Will remove from fridge when I get home.

Infant car seat is coming OUT of my car....TONIGHT! Will pack all baby stuff up nicely and put in the shed.

I can't keep hanging on to a baby that the state is SO convinced that we will send him back that they keep giving us more hurdles to jump. It's getting to where it's gonna start causing SERIOUS tension for me at work.

Our home development worker is SERIOUSLY behind on paperwork. She still has 2 home studies to finish from the MAPP class that ended in November! No telling when ours will be complete.

It's too painful! I can't take anymore!

Ok state agency, foster mom has won! Go continue groveling at her feet. When you want to re-gain control of the case....give me a call.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    I sooooooo hear you- take a breath- pray and do what you need to do for you!! this isn't all about baby N- it is about You too! that is what my friend had to remind me of when i was freaking out!! Hang in there- praying for you!

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger soralis said…

    I can't believe the foster mother has so much power???

    Take care and I am still hoping everyone gets their sh*t together and gets things going.

    They should be happy they have found someone willing to adopt baby N since the little one has so many issues. That child deserves a loving home just as much as any other. I am so sad that this is so messed up.

    Take care and wishing you the best

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    This is beyond frustrating! How can the state possibly think that it is in the baby's best interest to screw up an opportunity for him to be united with wonderful parents like you and your husband?

    I'm so, so sorry. Thinking of you.

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger Maya said…

    I am so sorry. I wish there was something with some power to kick them all in the pants for you and the baby.
    I am sure that you'll make the best decision whether to fight for him or move on. It is tough

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger FosterMommy said…

    I know the importance of a good transition, for the baby and for the new foster/adoptive parents. however, when we got Cuteness 6 months ago, the foster mom who had her was very possessive and completely not thinking about the best thing for the BABY. She just wanted us to take her and not bring her back, because it was "too hard" for her.

    Great way to set the kid up for an attachment disorder!

    She is, as far as I can tell, a pretty bad foster parent. But she's willing to take any kid at any time, so the county keeps her around and deals with her sh*t.

    I feel for you. I hope for the best for baby N. and for you guys, as well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home