Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

This May Work Out After All

Overall Baby N's genetics results came back through. No major life threatening illnesses. Social worker told me to call his nurse so she can explain it better. After I talk to the nurse, and am ok or not ok with what she tells us, we call her back and let her know we still want him. Our nurse is supposedly training with his nurse right now.

Bio mom has moved back into the state. Baby N's doctor gave her lots of bad news yesterday:

He is writing in his file that she is not capable of caring for baby N.

She should not have any more children because she is unable to take care of them. If she does, he recommends them coming into state care immediately. I know it's selfish, but if she gets pregnant again, there's a good chance we'll have a baby brother or sister for baby N.

Family team conference is May 18. Social worker is not yet sure if she wants us to come because he mom doesn't know about us yet. She is talking to her supervisor to see if she should move him right before or right after the meeting. So, God willing, we're looking at having him in our home next week. I'm just gonna stay out of it and let it fall into place or fall apart.

We'll see what actually happens.


  • At 6:46 AM, Blogger Tamara said…

    Wow - the Lord is really hard at work, isn't he? :)

    We are in the same boat with Cookie - Biomom is 22 and running the street as a junkie. Should she have any more kids (um, yeah - good chance, huh??), we would be the ones to get the first call. Geez, can I just shout MANDATORY STERILIZATION?!? Oh yeah, I forgot, that's not "right" (insert sarcasm here). Go ahead ACLU - sue me. :)

    I think I had too large a Starbucks this morning! :)

    I can't wait to see God reveal his plan - its so exciting.

  • At 7:40 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    It is amazing how God does things like this- up one day down the next - you are wise to just hold him loosely. God knows what He is doing- Your heart can't take much more getting set on what the state says- will or won't happen. Just ride the wave. I am praying!!

  • At 8:21 AM, Blogger Me said…

    I'm praying for you and all involved. I know what you mean about getting a brother or sister, I keep waiting for a call for my youngest to be getting a sibling. Maybe they realize enough is enough? Probably not! :) Good luck, God be with you!

  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger Just another Jenny said…

    This is so nail biting, I hope you are holding up o.k.

  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger soralis said…

    Good luck, I don't know that I would have the patience that you have. I wish you all the best.


Post a Comment

<< Home