Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Missy

I'm not yet sure how to correctly pronounce her name, so it's Missy for now. I don't know her whole story except she was recently reunified and parents still had drug/neglect issues. She was moved to grandmas who was also using. Caseworker, supervisor and DA want to go for immediate TPR, but judges in this region have a history of keeping kids in foster care for years before giving them permancy needed if tpr is required. At least the agency is on the child's side this time, so just have to get the judges on board.

She's so funny with Smiley. Although he's older, she calls him the baby. I told her to help baby walk and she says, "Walk baby, give me your hands." She seems to talk a lot for two and understand a lot too.

Why did we get called for her? Because she has a feeding tube and noone else wants her. I was scared myself because I didn't know what medical problems she may have had. I was a bit irritated at first that the first calls in months was for another sick child. I trusted L's judgement, and as ususal, he was right about this child. There is nothing wrong with her and she eats like a champ.

I probably won't be able to blog much because she's pretty demanding, but so lovable too. The hardest thing now is telling her no.

7 Comments:

  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    Gosh, I'm just amazed with both of them that you've had time to post at all. It seems for me that "nap time" is all I ever get for myself anymore. 2-yr. old girl stage is the coolest - I know what you mean by talkative - Cookie is kinda non-stop talk. And, I totally get it about having to say "no" - especially to a beautiful little one like her.

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger owlfan said…

    Is there a reason she didn't go back to previous foster placement?

    Sounds great that she is eating well.

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger Runergirl said…

    She is suc a verbal girl. I can't wait to spoil her rotten:)

     
  • At 5:37 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Katherine,

    She did not go back to her previous placement because they became too close friends with her bio parents and were working together against the agency.

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Yay!!!! So happy for you. Can't wait to hear more about her.

     
  • At 1:24 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    they called YOU becaseu YOU can care for her all around heart and her needs. have fun

     
  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger AA said…

    hatkjWhy does she have a feeding tube if she can eat? Will it come out soon? I guess it is good that she had it because they called YOU.

    And why would anyone work with bio parents who are users? Too scarey.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home