Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Should have known(Updated)

-They'd be in no hurry to even call me about the baby girl.

-They want to ask another family first. This family is on vacation and unreachable. This would also be their first placement if they say yes.

-We will be 2nd choice(I think) if this family says no.

-We are not "yes" foster parents so don't get a lot of calls for little ones.

-They would risk this child's chances of being placed into a family who CAN and is VERY WILLING to care for her medical needs, to wait and ask another family who may not.

-I shouldn't get attached, at least not until the child is placed with me and papers are signed.

-A baby with this great of chance of going for adoption quickly what not be given to me as first choice.

-I wouldn't get this baby during my week off for Mardi Gras break.

Nothing's certain yet. I guess I could end up with her. It's all in God's hands. I must sit and wait.

Updated 2/4/08 at 10:31 am:

About the other family. Last I heard is they were asked to take the baby, but when told of her medical condition and how difficult she would be, they decided to think about it. At the time, the worker said ok because she had nowhere else to go. Now she has someone who wants her(us) and they are on vaction. The worker is trying to reach them and get them to make a decision.

It really irritates me that they are holding this baby for a family who can't even make up their mind, when we KNOW we want her. I don't feel comfortable with her being with a family who cannot decide if they can handle her. Yes, we were going back and forth about taking Smiley, but he didn't have anyone else who wanted him, and I surely would have backed down if another family who had more experience wanted him. I know what I am getting into and I hope they understand they will need to travel out of town to get a good plastic surgeon.


  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger Courtney said…

    You and that precious baby are in my thoughts and prayers

  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    I can't believe they are holding up placement of this child. That is so messed up. Here, you get about 1/2 an hour to make a decision, otherwise, they move on.

    I'm keeping everything crossed for you!


Post a Comment

<< Home