Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Friday, February 01, 2008

Pinch Me Please(updated)

First, I must tell you how much I love this woman, even if this doesn't work out.

Anyway, runergirl and I were talking on the phone and she casually mentioned her worker telling her of a baby girl that had a feeding tube, came through and was placed. She asked why they didn't call her and she was told because she was considered medically needy. You'll never guess what she has...

A cleft palette, which is the reason for the feeding tube. There are also some things that will require surgery in her private areas, but nothing major, at least I don't think.

I told Runergirl, you should call them back. She was probably placed in a temporary foster home. In the background, I hear L saying "I want her" and I shushed him saying, "No, Runergirl wants him." She told me her hubby wasn't yet crazy about the idea of another baby yet. I said, then I'd love to have her. She called the worker and she IS in a temporary home.

Updated 2/2/08 at 3:30 pm:

Here's the scoop on the parents. Dad has signed away rights at birth and none of his family want her. Mom is in prison for 15 years and not eligible for parole for at least 6 years. Mom's family wants nothing to do with her or baby. From what runergirl told me, there will be no visits.

No, I haven't heard from the worker yet, and I'm so anxious, because nothing is certain until the baby is actually turned over to your care.

Please send prayers.

8 Comments:

  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII AM EXCITED FOR YOU KEEP US UPDATED oh sorry for the caps but I am that excited.

     
  • At 1:16 AM, Blogger happyadoptingmom said…

    I am excited for this possibility for you. You could be a great advocate for this little girl and needing an adoptive home sounds perfect for you.

     
  • At 6:27 AM, Blogger mommiebear2 said…

    That little girl couldnt get a better family to care for her!!

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger Mommy to those Special Ks said…

    How exciting! We will be praying it works out!!!

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger FosterMommy said…

    It sounds like this little girl would benefit from your experience - I hope the county realizes that and places her in your care!
    It's such a coincidence that she and smiley have such similar conditions!

    I hope, as always, for quick permanency for this little cutie-pie.

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Just found out they are suppposed to ask another family first, who are away on vacation. They may or may not be able to take her with her medical conditions. Not sure if they are familar with her condition though.

    We get next choice if they say no. Not sure why, we are experienced and know what to do.

    I hope they don't drag too long. She needs to be taught to eat.

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger Northernmum said…

    i just read your post, comments, and your comment.....
    It boggles my mind WHY would an agency wait for a family who is on vacation, and may opt to not accept the child because of her medical situation, when there is is a family who has offered to take her NOW and has experience with medically fragile infants?
    Is this common practice in your country?
    If the other family in question doesn't know of her yet what harm can be done?
    Does this other family have a sibling?

     
  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    wheatciti,

    nothing would surprise me. I doubt they have a sibling because this baby would be their first placement.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home