Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Staying Public, For Now

Well, I'm gonna stay public for a while and use the delete button.

Still no word on the baby. Some days I think the state will let us have the baby and some days I hear all these rules of why we cannot take the baby. I guess it's all up to our home development worker. Last time L talked to her, she said no(highly advised us not too) but assured us that she would make sure Bubbles stayed with us because of bonding.

L's coworker can no longer take the baby for the same reason we supposedly can't, he's under adoption contract for another boy. L has another friend who lives in the next town(3 miles away) that said she'd like the baby and they even go to the same day care, so Bubbles would see him everyday. She also wouldn't fight to take Bubbles if they became adoptable together. She'd take him, we'd keep Bubbles.

At this point, I'd love to have the baby, but if he's placed somewhere else, I'll take it as a message from God that I have enough already. If they screw us over and place him elsewhere, I don't think I will fight it as long as the family doesn't try to get Bubbles placed with them. Who knows, he may get placed with another infertile couple. I will be disappointed if for some reason we are unable to take him, but as long as Bubbles stays, and we can adopt Bubbles separately, if she isn't safely reunified, that is, I would be ok. I'd love another, but would feel fully blessed if I was able to adopt just Smiley and Bubbles. I'm sure this will change quickly if/when the baby is placed with us. I will probably fall in love quickly.

Just think of how hard it will be for Bubbles to date! 3 brothers including stepson! When she asks to go out, we'll just tell her to pick two brothers to go along.

6 Comments:

  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger owlfan said…

    I'm glad to hear you'll be using the delete button as needed. I hope this week is better for you than last week.

     
  • At 6:47 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Hang in there- the roller coaster is such a scary ride- all the ups and downs- don't do anything drastic. Just take one day at a time. that is my motto. :)

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Courtney said…

    Wow go away for a few days and miss all the drama. I hope things level out for you in the near future. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers

     
  • At 10:09 AM, Blogger KrazyMom said…

    I was gone on vacation and missed your drama. Smart move to block the anonymous comments. Sorry last week was so rough for you! Princess' birthday must have been so difficult! Sending hugs your way! Hang in there.

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger Marthavmuffin said…

    Just do the next best thing and HAVE FAITH that things will work out for your family. It's their job to tell you reunification is the goal. We were told that the first 6 mos of having our daughter, and we finalized in August. If you are meant to have the new baby as well as Bubbles it will happen. The path those birthparents are on doesn't sound like reunification to me. They will continue to do (or not do) what they do best and you do what you do best. Love those babies!Have Faith!!

     
  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger Heather@To Sow a Seed said…

    PLEASE stay public! I have been reading for a while and you have no idea how much information and wisdom I have gleaned from your honest and open words. Thank you for lighting the way to those of us who are following in your footsteps!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home