Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

He Wants to Call me Mom.

My stepson that is.

Considering all he's been through I told him he could call me whatever he's comfortable with as long as it's nice. We talked for the first time through email a couple days ago.

I hope I can help comfort him without overstepping my boundaries. I can't imagine how hard it must be for him.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger Happy Mama to Three said…

    Hubby and I each have children from our first marriages. Children that were born 14 days apart, almost to the hour. They each chose the monikers for us as step parents. To my Stepson I am Miss Cindi. To my daughter hubby was Daddy Lee for a long time. She has dropped the Lee part of it and he is just Daddy now. I hope your relationship continues to grow.

    Cindi

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What an honor!
    My stepson calls me mom sometimes, just to see if there is a reaction, but usually calls me by my first name. But he knows his mom would freak!! He's 8.

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Aww, he sounds like a sweet kid. I can't imagine the emotional upheaval he's been through this year.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home