Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Recovering from the Wedding

Wow, I haven't written in days. My sister's wedding was much more hectic than mine and I was completely exhausted; so exhausted I had to bring the babies to daycare this morning just so I could catch up on sleep.

The wedding was awesome of course. My mom has 5 sisters who have had plenty experience and practice throwing kick ass weddings. One is even a seamstress(who saved me bundles on alteration fees) and another makes wedding cakes on the side. I took Smiley on the dance floor, dancing while holding him and he laughed so much.

Raising two babies under two, I can handle that. No problem.

Traveling with two babies under two...pure hell!

Those of you who know me understands our separation of duties: I do most of the baby care, L takes care of social services, lawyers, and keeping on their ass to do their jobs, and most of the cleaning. As soon as L left the wedding(he's on a business trip), I went completely nuts trying to look after both babies and do my bridesmaid duties. Maybe he really does more baby care than I give him credit for. Of course, MIL was watching them during the wedding and some of the reception, so it may have been her I missed, lol.

Of course I wasn't actually watching the babies as much as checking up on them every few minutes with the relatives who were holding them at the time.

After the wedding I had a situation I just could not possibly handle; I had to get some of Smiley's things out the hotel room so he could stay the night at my mom's(Bubbles stayed with me in the hotel). So, how do you carry two babies up the stairs and carry the luggage down the stairs? I didn't. I called my mom's neighbor (who loves my lil' ones to death) and asked her to keep one baby while I went to my room and got some stuff. She said she'd keep them both, and to take my time, rest and do what I needed. God bless her! I was able to go to the hotel room and shower and get all the hairspray out of my hair.

You think I'd be done after the wedding...of course not! The next day was a barbeque for my New York cousins, who are awesome. By 4 pm Sunday, I packed up my car and just had to get home and get the babies back on their schedules and have access to all my baby gear and have them sleep in a different room than me!

I thought I would get work done this week but I'm booked. Bubbles check up today, visit tomorrow, Smiley's Speech and Bubbles' workers visit Wed. Thurs morning is my doctor appointment(I have been bleeding for 2 days and only on CD 12) followed by Smiley's Occupational therapy in the afternoon. Friday Smiley goes to speech again and L comes home. I feel like a SAHM this week and it is awesome. I am meeting with a teacher at my school tomorrow morning to get some help and questions answered, so I will get something done.

Anyway, I'm gonna try to be a good blogger again soon.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:32 PM, Blogger Mixed Up Me said…

    Wow, take a breath!! I'm sure you handled everything with grace and patience, as always! Your babies are lucky to have you!

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger happyadoptingmom said…

    Sounds like a great weekend:) Hopefully the kids will gert right back on schedule for you. It sounds like a busy week ahead.

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger KrazyMom said…

    Wow, you make me tired just reading about it! Try to find some down time in there somewhere! Glad the wedding went well.

     
  • At 6:14 AM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Welcome back! Hey, we'd love to see some wedding pix when you catch up!! Glad the wedding went well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home