Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Still Broken

Saw my doctor and the verdict was higher dose BCP. He asked if we've done a fertility workup and I was like, been there, done that, had eough. Then we discussed continuous BCP and I jumped at the option. I mean, if I can't get pregnant, why bother having periods. I really do like this local doctor. I had another huge cyst on my left ovary and I hope it doesn't burst.

I told my doctor we are in the process of adopting a 20 mo old boy, have a 9 mo girl is foster care and her mom is expecting a boy, so we will potentially adopt 1-3 kids and told him that was enough.

He was doing so well until he said, "some people adopt a few and end up pregnant later." Even some of the doctors don't get it, but he saved himself by saying " I'm sorry you are going through this." I almost told him I was sorry anymore because of all the babies I've got to parent.

We are adopting Smiley! We are going to have a son, our legal son. We actually have an adoption worker who is coming for a home visit next week and giving him all he's legally entitled to: the medical card, 80% of the board payment and will reimburse medical expenses not covered by the card. Also, found out the state pays for our adoption attorney! So total adoption fees will just be our personal attorney reviewin the adoption contract before we sign.

I can't wait until this is over and I can introduce you to my son, by his new adoptive name. We are only changing his middle and last name, because we like his first name.

11 Comments:

  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    I am so glad it is almost over... WHY do YOU need an attourny?? doesn't the state att, general cover you?

     
  • At 6:13 AM, Blogger Micky said…

    I am so happy for you. You deserve it!

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger GLouise said…

    I am so happy that there's finally a light at the end of the tunnel with Smiley!! Yay!

    Now, why in the world did the doctor have to make that bizarre comment! Oy!

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    God is giving you all such a special gift...each other!

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger Kathy said…

    That's great to hear that you're on the path to getting the adoption done, and that Smiley will get what he's entitled to as well.

    Can't wait until it's all finalized and you guys are "official"!!

     
  • At 4:39 AM, Blogger KrazyMom said…

    Congratulations!

     
  • At 6:34 AM, Blogger Tamara said…

    Hurray for upcoming meeting with the adoption worker! YAY!! Oh, you may also want to ask about daycare expenses being covered after adoption - ours are covered 80% (only that low because of our income). We didn't get another attorney - once we saw the contract, it was so simple and clearly stated that we didn't need one - but I understand if you want that extra feeling of protection. You may want to ask around of people who have adopted from foster care in your area and find out which attorneys are the fastest and most experienced with working with the state - we did that and are so grateful we did. Anyway - so glad to hear you get to meet the worker!!

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Woohoo!

     
  • At 3:48 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    Congratulations! Too funny what the doctor said. I'm sure he realized he put his foot in his mouth.

     
  • At 6:14 AM, Blogger katd said…

    I can't believe that the doctor would say such a thing. It's medically proven,right, that adoption causes pregnancy :)

    I'm a lurker, but I just had to say I'm so glad things are working out with Smiley!

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger Colette said…

    I am new to your blog and congrats on the finalization that you are headed towards! It is quite a ride...we are in the process of adopting our first child too. A Son. He is due Aug. 4th! So heres to you! COngrats!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home