Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Bubbles' Sibling

First, please, please email your requests to enter the palace to lhotard79 at yahoo dot com. I have a hard time keeping up requests from the comment section, so if you don't mind, those of you who requested entrance to the palacein my comments a couple posts ago, please email me and I will add you as soon as I can.

I am so furious right now and waiting on a call back. The supervisor at social services told L that I told her I wouldn't be able to take the baby because it would be too much on me!

That is not true. I've always been aware of the possibility of the baby coming into care and always agreed Bubbles' and the sibling would be a "package deal." She must be confused, because we told her we could not handle her mom. Anyway, when she calls back, I need to explain that I am willing(and thrilled) to take a newborn, which will make my 3rd baby under 2 years old! I will attempt to explain this without sounding insane.

Will it be hard? Yes, but no harder than twins or triplets, probably easier because there is space between the babies. I have made arrangements. Child care is lined up. I'm working ahead on my lesson plans and Smiley and Bubbles both sleep all night (8pm-6:30am knock on wood), so I would theoretically only be up with one baby. The first few months will probably be very rough, but in the long run, I may get to adopt 3 wonderful kids!

Oh, btw, Bubbles' mom is released but Dad is still in jail on an insanely high bail.

9 Comments:

  • At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did she have the baby yet? Do you know what she is having? Due date??

    Stand your ground! We lost a baby because she had to be placed with her siblings adopted by another couple. You have Bubbles & should have first choice at fostering the baby too!

    Praying for you!!!!

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    You should have 1st chance at a sibling to a child you already have in your home. At least in our county there is no other option unless you absolutely positively cannot take the sibling for some reason.

    As for 3 kids under 2 - It's a LOT of work but it's do-able. I did it for a few months with 2-20 month olds and 1-8 month old. It's so rewarding!

    Praying for you...

     
  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    Hey 3 under 2 it a breeze we at one point had 4 under 2 it is easier as weird and crazy as it might sound. it was easier. good luck and I woudl make sure she knows soon you will take the baby. Chances are YOU WILL have 3 babies!

     
  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger Mixed Up Me said…

    I know you can handle all three, you are a wonderful mommy. I hope you get a chance to clarify everything. Have a great day!

     
  • At 10:18 PM, Blogger Runergirl said…

    You can handle L so you can can anything!!!LOL

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    I know you're up to it. I hope the system doesn't mess it up for you.

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    How exciting!!!!!!! and scary! lots of diapers!!!! but how fun!!!!!!

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger CJ said…

    It won't be a breeze, but totally manageable! Good luck!

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Uggg! Yes, remind her on phone AND via email so there is no more "confusion."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home