Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Little Angels

First, I must tell you about my awesome new friend today I have finally met in person,Robin. She and her incredially adorable little boy travelled to literally "the middle of nowhere" to attend Princess's funeral all to support me, just a fellow internet blogger! I cannot describe how wonderful she was. We just met, but I forsee our families spending lots of time together very soon. Words cannot describe how touched I am by this gesture. If that weren't enough, we're having a memorial tomorrow in our home town she may be attending. I lost a daughter, but gained a wonderful friend.

The funeral was very nice. Princess was still as beautiful and looked as if she was only peacefully sleeping. I spoke with some of her family members who were very grateful we cared for her and had actually cut themselves off from the family. Hearing the bio family say they appreciate you doesn't happen much and it really made us feel good. Her mom thanked us again and I reminded her again how loved Princess was and how much of a blessing she was to us. I even asked the preist to go talk to her because I knew she was hurting, and I just didn't have the words. I pray the death of Princess will be her salvation.

Anyway, what I meant to share, the poem on her prayer card. I don't know who wrote it so I can't give them credit but I thought I'd share. I know many of you have experienced pregnancy loss, stillborn births and many other tragedies, so this is for everyone.


Little Angels

When God calls little children to dwell with Him above, we mortals sometimes question the wisdom of his love.

For no heartache compares with the death of a small child who does so much to make our world seem wonderful and mild.

Perhaps God tires of calling the aged to His fold, so He picks a rosebud before it can grow old.

God knows how much we need them, and so He only takes but a few, to make the land of Heaven more beautiful to view.

Believing this is difficult still somehow we must try the saddest word mankind knows will always be "goodbye."

So when a child departs, we who are left behind, must realize God loves children, Angels are hard to find.

8 Comments:

  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Well, I'm glad something good came of it - beyond your giving Princess tons of love in the short time you had her, of course.

    You are handling this with such grace. I can't even imagine having the strength that you've shown, Lisa.

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger CAGB said…

    That poem is beautiful. I am checking your blog daily, checking in on how you are doing. I know from experience there are no words, but writing can often capture the feelings and convey them to others. Keep expressing yourself; it will keep you and your Princess alive.

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    I write now not because I'm strong, but because I'm weak and the feedback from everyone is keeping me going.

     
  • At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How is your husband doing? I know he must be heartbroken too... You could see the love, in that picture you showed us...

    Still praying.

    Julie

     
  • At 3:15 AM, Blogger Sara said…

    I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine the pain that you're feeling.

     
  • At 4:27 AM, Blogger CAGB said…

    Well, sometimes it's all you can do with all the feelings.

     
  • At 6:58 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    It is a beautiful poem. I am so grateful that Robin could be there - and I sure hope she carried some of my love with her to you all as well. There are so many signs of God's grace in everything you write about what has happened - I am so blessed that you are my friend. Someday I hope we all get to meet under really wonderful circumstances.

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have been out of the blogworld this week, but I am so very, very, very sorry to hear this news today. Godspeed, Princess. May the angels take you into Paradise, and may many prayers bear up your families.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home