Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Haunted House

Apparantly yesterday I forgot to trust God and was worrying too much. My apologies to Robin for attempting to talk her out of taking older kids. They need families too. I think the post resulted in fear that they are begging us to take a teenage girl that will be going home in a couple months and L has met her and is considering taking her.

I'll get back to that later, but now the haunted house story:

Smiley had a visit yesterday and mom and boyfriend were going on an on about how their house was haunted and they needed to get out of there. According to them, the TV turned itself on and off and other crazy things happened! The teenage girl mentioned above asked her, "so what kind of drugs or you on? marijuana? That must be some good stuff?" Mom replied, "no, it's not marijuana, I swear, that house is haunted."

It sounds to me like she admitted to doing drugs and the damn caseworker was not there to supervise it and write in her notes! L got to supervise the visit yesterday. The teenage girl asked L, "what's wrong with that woman?"

Anyway, apparantly a TPR hearing date has finally been set for Smiley! I don't know when, and I don't know if they are allowed to tell us, but I'm gonna beg for at least a time frame. Just let me know, is it in the next 30 days? 60 days? 6 months? a year?

I don't know if we will take the teenager yet and will have to pray about it. They say she's going home, but who knows? They want her with us so she can go back to her regular school. I'm a little worried about it after the exchange student though. She's 15, only 12 years younger than me and would feel like a little sister.

Anyway, please pray the TPR hearing is for real this time, and soon.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Runergirl said…

    Hey, don't be so hard on yourself! I think that you brought up some great points and I know you are just being a good friend and looking out for me:) I actually have gone through an allegation once while I was teaching, so it is very real to me. I will write a post about it later today. But I can't let that stop me from considering an older child. If it is right, we will know it, but we will also be cautious! Love ya girl!
    Smiley’s mother sounds a little crazy to me! I can’t wait for TPR, that boy does not need to be exposed to that kind of nuts!

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Taking the teenage girl on top of your 2 babies....NO!!! Don't do it to yourself. 15 year olds are tough...even if they are your birth children. You need your sleep when you can get it, not worrying about a teenage who may be out at night, etc. Tell L you'll only take her if you can quit your job and stay home!! Have you even met her???

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    So glad to hear you've got a TPR data set. Even if you're not allowed to know :-)

    Don't know about the teenager thing... I really worry about my ability to have any credibility / authority with a teenager.

    Good luck, whichever way you decide.

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger Megamom said…

    The sneaky part of me would see how much you figure out on your own. I suppose though since its kids names arent published anyway.

    Many prayers coming your way!

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Teenage girls can also be helpful with babies. They can be sweet and kind, and don't all cause trouble. I would meet her yourself. If L is inclined to take her, she must have made a decent impression. I was a teenage girl in care once, and I was no trouble at all.

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    That sounds very exciting- TPR on the horizon! Yippee Skippee!! I hope that you get some help if you take in the teen- I mean- she may be some help with the babies. :) If it is short term thing- you never know- you may like it- :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home