Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Friday, February 09, 2007

I Need a Pair of Scissors!

Anyone have a good sturdy pair of scissors I can borrow to cut this thick red tape?


Ok, here goes:

First I call Princess' original cardiologist(I'll call him Dr. A). I got an appointment, but not until late March. I put in a call to his nurse to see if by some miracle he remembers her case and can advise me what to do about her medications. One problem though, that requires him having her medical records which were at the other hospital.

Second, I call Princess' hospital to send the records to Dr. A. They needed me to mail the release form. I told her I didn't have that much time. She said to have the doctor request records when you see him. NO STUPID!! I NEED HIM TO REVIEW THE RECORDS BEFORE SEEING HER!! Anyway, got nowhere with that, so back to the phone again.

Third, call Princess' worker, leave message, call back and talk to another worker. I cannot sign forms releasing records to Dr. A but they will call and get it done(when? who knows?) It's not like I dared to ask for a copy for myself(although I should have this info), I just asked the records be sent so I can care for my little girl.

She then questioned if they said she could be in daycare. What the hell? The babies are kept in a separate room away from other kids and the daycare knows how to tube feed her. Her everyday care is not much different from a "normal" child. As much as I'd love to quit and stay home, I'd love to keep the income requirements to adopt two children, and they are not yet mine or TPR'd yet!

Hopefully she won't make an issue out of it. The only other alternatives is to pay me a high enough stipend to stay home, find me a nurse to come to my house 10 hrs a day so I can go to my 8-5 job, or move her to a medical home that has 10 other needy kids and she'll really never get the medical care she needs! Option 1 & 2 would be impossible and option 3 would be tragic for her.

Anyway, my poor little Princess' health is in jeopardy because I cannot get her medical records! I'm gonna go with my good mommy common sense and follow hospital discharge instructions until I can see new cardiologist. The appointment is over a month away so hopefully I won't get charged with neglect.

My hands are so tied that I've been frustrated to tears all day.

I did get one thing accomplished. She gets her feeding tube changed to a mic-key button on March 27!

Oh yeah, that jerk cardiologist yesterday, L said the adoption comment was the first thing out of his mouth when he walked into her room! Like I could just return my "daughter" and exchange her for a healthier model!

4 Comments:

  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Wow- that red tape is incredible. Just INCREDIBLE. Are there any "higher ups" in the social services arena that you could engage? Squeaky wheel, and all that.

    Hang in there! You are doing great, you are Princess' advocate and doing a great job for her.

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    It is so hard- this foster parent stuff- hang in there- you are doing great! making sure she gets the best care- best doctor opinions- It is hard to know what to do when your hands are tied!! Just make the caseworker aware of EVERYTHING your doing and that should cover your behind. Praying for you!!

     
  • At 7:05 PM, Blogger MommyNay said…

    For every placement I go to the hospital they were born at and into the medical records office and write a written request to recieve all records from birth-current. They have ALWAYS given them to me(despite my workers telling me THEY couldnt give them to me) just a suggestion.
    Oh and I DID tell the record clerk I was the fosterparent told them to make a copy of my placement papers and that was it! GL!

     
  • At 7:06 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Actually, I think her pediatrician has the hospital records. Maybe I could get copies from her...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home