Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Friday, February 02, 2007

You Win Some, You Lose Some

Apparantly we are stuck with Princess' g-tube surgeon forever. We tried to get another surgeon to change her tube to a button, but they wouldn't follow another surgeon's work. I asked if it broke, could she fix it then? They said yes. The only way to get her a new surgeon is if the tube breaks and I take her to the emergency room in the area. I may get reported for possibly making the doctor's office think I will purposely break her tube to get a new one. I was talking about this out of desperation. Of course I'd never do it!

Anyway, I called the surgeon's office who place her g-tube and he said it cannot be changed to a button for 2 months! I'm irritated that they didn't listen to us and now she's stuck with it for 2 months. I know it's not that terrible, but I'm still irritated having no choice in choosing medical care for my foster daughter. I don't want to hear about how they couldn't put a button in babies that young, because it was done for Smiley and Baby D. Smiley was MUCH smaller than Princess when his g-tube was placed.

She did sleep through the night last night and I managed to give her 3 overnight feedings without waking her, so I guess the feeding tube is good for some things. At least she's home, and it's worth the sacrifice.

A good thing happened. I emailed Smiley's old attorney(the good one) and she will definately be at the next court hearing representing him!

Smiley has been sick this week. Nothing really wrong but another sinus infection. He's fine in the mornings, but in the afternoons, his fever spikes high, but goes down with ibuprophen. Smiley is also spending the night with Nanna, so I'm gonna miss him tonight, but he'll get lots of loving.

No news on TPR for either of them, but they don't think Smiley's will happen at the next hearing in March, despite the fact he will have been in care 16 mos!

I can't even get in touch with Princess's worker, but next court hearing for dad is in March. I hope they get this "who's the daddy" search on the roll and over with. If the named dad, is her dad, he's got quite a bit of time to serve in prison.

I'm just gonna enjoy them and be their mommy until the judges tell me otherwise.

8 Comments:

  • At 2:36 AM, Blogger Baby Blues said…

    Dream Mommy, you have such a generous heart. I admire you for selflessly taking good care of these precious children. Enjoy them! They're so lucky to have you. I hope Smiley is feeling much better.

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Sorry to hear that Smiley is sick, and I hope it doesn't spread to you or Princess.

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    Hang in there hav you read my book?? http://ourrollercoasterride.blogspot.com/

    it isn't too long. Don't they have the same worker?

     
  • At 11:20 PM, Blogger Nique said…

    Lisa,

    I think they are very blessed children to get you as a mommy! Hopefully they will get to stay with you.

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    They have different workers and are from different parishes.

     
  • At 6:32 AM, Blogger Ken & Jordan Lukens said…

    I just hope I can cope as well as you when my turn comes.
    Thinking of your family and praying.

     
  • At 7:24 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    wow - 16 months is a long time to not be going for TPR...i ask my SW, and she said in cases where a birth parent might be mentally challenged, it can be very dicey, so they proceed with great caution so no one can say they yanked a kid away from a mom just because she is challenged...still, 16 months!!! I sure hope March being good news. The new pictures are so beautiful - the first one with L and the two cuties is GREAT!!

     
  • At 3:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It sounds like, in spite of the annoyances, you are having a great time. It is maddening, the things you don't have a say in when you're the foster parent....in our case, the decision was made for Toots to repeat first grade, with no input from us. I feel she would have done better if she had progressed to second grade and received special services that year. But what's done is done.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home