Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

What Good Did That Do?

First of all, thanks for the support with Smiley. I had a rough week with all the Smiley drama and then I had a rough week at work. A co-worker even checked on me at the end of the day. I told him I was just stressed because my baby's mama was giving us so many problems. Sounded funny saying my baby's mama instead of my baby's daddy like so many other people in this town.

Anyway, back to Princess, since we made a visit to see her today. We took our friend/babysitter with us to meet her and alternate in and out with L so I could stay back visiting the whole time. L had a heart to heart talk with Princess telling her it's time to eat so she can come home. The nurse gave me a bottle and let me try to feed her. After not even 5 minutes, she poured the bottle into the feeding pump! I like this nurse a lot, really nice, but what the hell could I do working with her less than 5 minutes? I've worked with Smiley 30 minutes to 1 hour sometimes getting him to eat one jar of baby food and drink 1-2 oz pedisure!

Maybe she has to watch me while I attempt to feed her and that's all she had time for with other patients. During the week, speech therapy is working with her twice a day. Staying on the feeding pump, I just don't feel they are getting her hungry enough to want to eat. I think they should turn off the pump 2 hours and then try to feed her, but I'm no doctor or nurse. I just can't wait until she's released, even if just for one day, so papers can be signed and she be put in our care and we can have some input into the medical decisions being made.

She is still so tiny, around 7 lbs. The 0-3 month outfits I brought to the hospital were too big. I'm gonna have to look for newborn sizes.

I just want them to get her home. I think it's time to place the g-tube, send her home, and we can teach her how to eat. She's been laying in a hospital bed nearly 3 months and it's time for her to go home.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger Awesome Mom said…

    You have the right idea about the feeding pump. Taking an hour to eat a small amount is not good for the baby though. I was told that the rule of thumb was that anything they didn't eat in half an hour should be given through the tube. The nurses do not want Princess using more energy to eat than she is taking in especially since she is still so tiny. I hope that she gets to come to your home soon! It sounds like she needs some mommy loving.

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger TeamWinks said…

    I hope that things start looking up for Princess soon. Does she have a real name yet?

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Yes, she has a name, but I cannot use it since she is not my child. You can call her Kyleigh, since that will be her name if we get to adopt her.

     
  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Sending up prayers for Princess...and you! You were sounding a little overwhelmed last week. I hope you are able to take some time for yourself to decompress...I know that is easier said than done. You are a great mom!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home