Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Friday, January 05, 2007

Hanging Herself

I think that's what Smiley's mom is doing.

-Raising a scene in the judge's office with his secretary.
-Threatening the secretary and demanding to see him now.
-Forgeting when the visits are. Showing up for the visit on the wrong day and demanding a visit anyway. They gave in and let her have an unscheduled visit this week. It makes me mad! How am I supposed to meet his medical needs if they are gonna suddenly change the visit schedule all the time?

There is gonna be a be scene at the hospital for Smiley's surgery, I see it coming. There will be a limit on visitors to 3 people. L or I have to be in the room, then there's the social worker, then that leave one more visitor. Mom and b/f will have to take turns. It will get ugly when they are informed of that.

How can I take care of Smiley when I have to babysit his mom? For his last surgery, a transportation worker brought her(not Smiley's caseworker) and sat in the waiting room and left her with us for hours...alone. Do you know how much risk that puts us at? She could make up anything and have no witnesses to say she was lying.

I still think TPR will happen. I pray it will happen, although I'm doubting we'll be lucky enough to get it at the next court hearing.

Thanks for all the prayers and support. Smiley really needs them. We are working hard to get people to speak on his behalf at the next court hearing.

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Let's pray the secretary communicates that to the judge. BTW - have been meaning to tell you just how beautiful the Christmas pictures were. N is such a big little boy now - so happy and wide-eyed, and really looks like a miracle compared to the first pics of him you sent. He was always cute - but the surgeons have done a remarkable job. But what a lovely family you all make - so clear he could very well have been your biological child - he just "fits", and I love that. Will keep praying - if you want to vent, feel free to e-mail me any time. I might not be blogging much (for lack of much interesting to write, really), but I'm definately here.

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Couple of thoughts--

    1. I used to be a secretary in a former life, and TRUST me, if you are rude and obnoxious to the secretary/receptionist/etc, the bossman/lady WILL know about it. I worked in a University dept, and a potential new grad student yelled at me about something totally not my fault. I didn't even complain to anyone... some faculty overheard, and next thing I know the Dean wants me to do up a memo for the file... and guess who did NOT get offered acceptance that fall? Yeah. So, rest assured that the Judge knows well and good about the yelling incident.

    2. For your own protection, you should get one of those little "dictaphone" recording things (or even just a plain old tape recorder) and have it with you when you will be meeting Smiley's mom. If anything weird starts happening, turn it on and record. Let her see you are doing it. Will keep her honest and give you a record of what was *actually* said. Don't know about the laws in your state about taping without both sides knowing about it, so do be sure to say into the tape when you start "I'm going to record this conversation".

    Hope I'm not annoying with my a$$vice!

    Yellowgirl

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger Megamom said…

    Im sorry you are dealing with all of this. Continued prayers! I would be really frustrated that they are acommadating the mom when she hasnt been doing her stuff all along!

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger TeamWinks said…

    I love Anonymous' idea of the recorder. Excellent idea. Even if the court won't accept it, it sure as hell would back the bio mom down.

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Does Smiley have a guardian ad litem assigned yet? I would try like the dickens to get him one assigned or even if you know someone who works as a guardian ad litem who would be willing to sit with you during Smiley's surgery. That way they could testify in court on smiley's behalf. You need to protect Smiley. I know you all are worried and i would be to..desperate people do desperate things.. You just take care of that precious little boy

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Not to be a total ass, but I hope that's exactly what she's doing. Smiley is safe and loved with you and needs to stay there!

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Oh goodness, the drama! I am sure you are ready for the drama to be OVER!

    As Amanda pointed out, "Just keep it up, bio mom."

    I am sure her erratic behavior is being noted...Wishing you all the best! Praying for Smiley.

    PS. Christmas picture? Please share, pretty please?! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home