Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2006 "Accomplishments"

Ok, I'm gonna be a dork and list some important accomplishments/events in my life in 2006:

1. We become certified adoptive/foster parents.
2. We completed a homestudy(and it wasn't as scary as I thought).
3. Smiley was placed with us on 6/6/06.
4. We learned to g-tube feed a baby, as well as operate a suction machine.
5. I taught my g-tube fed baby to eat by mouth(well..almost).
6. We got to meet some interesting people at social services.
7. I learned that if you want something done for your foster child, make friend's with the child's attorney.
8. I babysat and supported Smiley's mom to try and help her get things together.
9. I am no longer scared when they call me for a child with medical needs. I know many times their medical needs are manageble.
10. I cried for baby D(several times) after learning his medical prognosis.
11. I learned it wasn't my fault that I didn't have the ability to care for baby D.
12. Scooter was placed with us on 10/16/06.
13. I was called mama for the first time by Scooter.
14. Scooter went home to his dad on 11/14/06. I survived the lost and was happy for him.
15. 11/17/06 - Got the call about Princess
16. 11/21/06 - Visited Princess for the first time. Learned her medical needs were within our capabilities.
17. Took in an exchange student(although it was a mistake).
18. 12/17/06 - Held Princess for the first time. She smiled at L!
19. Made lots of new great blog friends.
20. I accepted the fact that I may never get pregnant, and I'm ok with that, as long as I get to be a mommy.

Goals for 2007:

Finalize the adoption for Smiley.
Have Princess freed for adoption(if no relatives come forward)
Be an adoptive mommy!

4 Comments:

  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Runergirl said…

    I'm so excited for you and your growing family. I wish you nothing but speed when it comes to adopting your two children, you are just what they need!

     
  • At 4:56 AM, Blogger Ken & Jordan Lukens said…

    I have been reading your blog for a while and am thrilled for you and your family. My husband and I recently decided to foster/adopt in "our state" (we just live on the southwest side!) Do you have any tips or advice you can share with me? mortishajm at bellsouth dot net.
    Thank you and God bless.

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    I am very happy for your accomplishments this year! I think I will do the same post- It is encouraging to read! Happy that your happy!

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    toastnjam,

    Send me an email and I will be glad to talk with you. By time I finish blogging, I usually forget to write down email addresses, so send me an email and I will just reply. Ok, I'm being lazy. Sorry:) lhotard79 at yahoo dot com.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home