Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Full House

We got another call yesterday afternoon for a 2 year old boy. They needed a place for him to stay for the night, but after meeting him, we said we'd keep him as long as needed.

I don't have much information except that his mom dropped him off at the babysitter's and never picked him up. I have to believe mom had an emergency, because he just seems so well cared for. We dug is his bag and found his full name, birthdate and address and L will pass it to his casworker today. I would like for them to attempt to locate his relatives as soon as possible, so I can know his status and make more permanent arrangements for him to stay.

Help me come up with a code internet name for him. Something to describe a hyper, yet friendly, fun toddler.

The kid is precious. Came right into my house and helped himself into baby N's toys. He went to bed at 9 and woke up at 6:30, despite baby N being a lil' shit last night, waking up crying nearly every hour.

I'll update you when I hear more. Pray they find his family soon and mom has a good excuse!

9 Comments:

  • At 7:30 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    How fun! and BUSY you will be! It is so hard to believe people just drop off children. I hope they do find some family soon. It is hard to just not know anything!!

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger GLouise said…

    He sounds adorable! Hmm, fun, hyper toddler boy names...

    Andy
    Reagan
    Truman
    Josh

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Holy cow! Your house is just one big event after another - so wonderful that you all could be there for him. It just makes me smile all over to know that one more child had a great family to take him in when he had nowhere to go. We will certainly pray that the SWs find out things quickly. Meanwhile...how about Scooter? :) (BTW, I forgive you for what LSU did to my Gators - BWAHAHAHAH!)

     
  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    I thought LSU lost to the gators?

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    There certainly is never a dull moment at your place, is there?!?

    How fun! But how sad to just be left like that. The not knowing would be the hardest part for me. Hope they can find something out soon!

     
  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger DrSpouse said…

    Poor kid! Do you know the Mr Men? Great children's books. He could be Mr Bounce (see http://www.mrsneeze.com/mrmen/meetmrmen3.html)

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Runergirl said…

    Wow, sounds a lot like my situation as a baby. My mom just left me at a babysitters house and never came back, terminated her rights and I was raised with a wonderful family. Here's to hope!

     
  • At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my goodness - a full house indeed. I hope you get the details on his situation soon so you can have an idea of future plans.

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh lordy, how about.....tigger?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home