Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Scooter is Going Home

This has been a hell, stressful week, so I'm gonna outline and fill in the details as I have time:

1. The Court Trauma

9:00 am - Nurse C called Wednesday morning(the only day she showed up for work this week) saying she had to run an errand and asked if she could take the kids.

11:00 am - L calls and says to find Nurse C because Scooter has to be in court for 2pm(yes, they did not call us until 11:00 that day). Nurse C's cell phone has been disconnected. Supervisor at OCS says do what you must to find him, because his dad is coming in from out of state and he will probably go home. If the judge is in a bad mood, he could remove baby N from your home.

11:15 - I'm at work crying, freaking and flipping out that baby N may be taken(though unlikely scenerio) because he was with nurse C. It was not like she was a stranger I left him with, and I got permission for her to watch him.

11:30 - Tell boss I have to leave and it was an emergency. Get eyes rolled out and run out the door.

12:00 - arrive home, call nurse C's house, her husband picks up, and I frantically ask where she is. He tells me she's on the way back to my house.

12:00-12:45 - frantically pace the house, pack Scooter's things and cry like a baby, terrified!

12:45 - Decide to go pick up Happy Meal for Scooter, in case he hadn't eaten yet.

1:05 - Arrive home, nurse C isn't there.

1:20 - Nurse C arrives and we frantically pack the kids in the car and go.

1:45 - Arrive at courthouse --PHEW!!


2. Scooter's Daddy
His dad lives in a nearby state and came in for the hearing, where mom showed up crying and they agreed Scooter should go home with Dad. Since he lives out of state, they want to do a homestudy on dad before moving Scooter home, so he will probably be leaving Nov 14 at the next hearing. Dad is employed, taking care of his other children and as long as he's not on drugs or have a record, everything should be good.

I got an email from his dad, showing lots of interest and asking what he could do to help us and what we needed for Scooter. I was so relieved. His brother and sister are excited to meet him. I asked him to email family pictures with names so I could start introducing Scooter to his family. I am really upset that they are making him stay in care and get attached to us another month, but I'm not the judge.

3. Houston Trip

Endometriosis found on my cervix and scraped off--ouch! I hate to see what's inside. Dr. Houston wants me to try another few months of clomid(eww!! how evil, and wants me to start charting temps! I feel like I'm going back to kindergarten in fertility school, but it beats thousands down the toilet in treatments. Also, I believe clomid isn't forbidden by the church, since you still have to have sex to get pregnant.

Baby N threw up 4 times while in the exam room waiting on Dr. Houston, so he called the pediatrician and squeezed him in before we left. I guess baby N wanted to go to the doctor too.
4. Nurse Problems

Today's excuse--car troubles. I love nurse C to death, but if I were paying her, I'd tell her not to come back.

Also, been having some issues with fostering vs. work.

God,

Please take care of me, so I can take care of your children.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Am sending lots and lots of prayers and positive thoughts your way. I wish I were there - I'd be there to help out in a second. I am so glad Scooter has a respectable dad who actually wants him - what a breath of fresh air in a system where far too many dads won't even admit paternity.

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger Runergirl said…

    Wow your strength is unbelievable. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

     
  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger TeamWinks said…

    What a difficult week! I hope you get a spare moment to catch your breath!

     
  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger Nique said…

    Hey Lisa

    Just wanted to let you know that I do still read your blog even if I don't comment very often! You sound so busy atm.

    Take care

     

Post a Comment

<< Home