Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Friday, October 06, 2006

How Can I Say No?(updated)

How Can I say No?
To that sweet adorable face,

How Can I say No,
To those big eyes looking at me,
begging to be saved from a life without a mommy.
To an innocent little baby, who has no one.
How can I be the second "mommy" to abandon him,
after seeing those precious eyes look at me as mommy.

How can I say No,
when God's given me not one, but two blessings,
for answering the prayers I cried to Him in tears for so long.
Who am I to reject a gift from God because he isn't perfect?

How can I say No,
To wrapping those bandages with love and care
to protect his so delicate skin and make his pain go away.
to giving him the love he so desperately needs



I'm still very scared and undecided, but not ready to say no yet. L is ready to take him, but I want him to know the worst case scenario, that he can handle it and help me with him. Please pray I make the right decision. That my husband and I make an informed decision. It's such a hard decision, because when I get the call for these kids, I don't think of them as "other people's kids" but my children. How is it that I look into their eyes and I'm hooked on them? I guess this is the part of fostering and adopting that is so hard.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OH MY GOD, He's beautiful! I'm going to cry here at the office! Thank you God for putting this baby in the arms of a loving mommy. Thank you.

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Megamom said…

    I cant imagine the pain he must be in. I dont think i could say no either! May God continue to bless your growing family!

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Oh Lisa, I am speechless. He's lovely. I'm praying for you and L - that God leads you to the decision He would have you make. He really has answered your prayers in a huge way.

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Maya said…

    I hope you make the right decision for your family as well.

     
  • At 6:04 PM, Blogger chris said…

    No advice, just wanted to say that I'm thinking of you guys.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home