Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Friday, October 06, 2006

What do Korean Teenagers Do for fun?




Ok, now you had good laugh time for update on baby D. No, I was not trying to torture ya'll, but I only really get to blog before work and at lunch. Baby N has caught another SERIOUS case of armitis since his surgery, so computer time is pretty much out at home.

Baby D's conditions
CMV at birth
Epidermylosis Bullosa(a skin condition, see the website debra.org)

They say the CMV causes babies to have small heads and he will have some mental retardation from it, but they said that about baby N too and I can tell you, there is no way! He will be a lot of work, but at this time I don't think I can turn him down, not after looking into those adorable little eyes yesterday!

I didn't get to hold him yet, because I was in a hurry to get back to work. The main thing I wanted was to get L and me on the visitor list so we could spend more time with him this weekend. So tomorrow, baby N will spend the day with Nanna while we visit the baby. I want L to meet him, here about the care he requires and make an informed decision. He already has my heart, and L's too.

I never imagined when I started fostering taking medically needy children, but they just seem to come to me. I did get some pictures and he already looks much better than the first I saw. He will be in the hospital 6 more weeks because they want to do another treatment for CMV before they release him.

When I first walked in,they were giving him a shot of morphine and I was about in tears. Why should a baby so young be in such pain that he needs morphine. I can't wait to cuddle him tomorrow, but I'll have to be very careful. Anytime he rubs something too hard against his skin, more spots(whatever they call them) will form.

I'll try to update more later. I have to start working now.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Wow, those 2 conditions would be a lot to manage, but you know - ever since you just took on N's needs like it was second-nature to you, I KNEW in my heart that you and L were incredibly blessed people. I don't know if M and I could do it - but I do know how amazing it is to read about how well you just take charge of N's needs and refuse to give in to bad prognoses: (not MY baby!!). God's already given you both everything you need to care for N - He'll see you through if baby D is meant to be yours, too - I'm positive of that. Ya'll just pray over that baby, and we'll all pray for your decision. Maybe it is God's calling for you - what a blessed calling, indeed.

     
  • At 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Miracles do happen! My daughter's head was small & they said she would have severe problems...you should see her now! LOVE & prayer do amazing things. I'll keep praying for you & your family. God is using you!!!

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Will you get to stay home with both boys if you take Baby D too?

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    I'm delicately working on my husband to let me stay home. The problem is, both babies will probably have nurses that will cover all my working hours so I haven't been able to justify it yet.

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a beautiful baby you must feel so blessed by God to be chosen to take care of both your special boys. I continue to pray for your family and will pray for God to work on L's heart and let you be an at home mommy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home