Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Unanswered Prayers

Excerpts from Garth Brooks song and is holding so true in my life right now:

And if he'd only grant me this wish I wished back then
I'd never ask for anything again
(chorus)
Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers


Remember when your talkin to the man upstairs
That just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care
Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.



And then and there I thanked the good Lord
For the gifts in my life.

God knows what He's doing after all.

Btw, that test was taken this morning on CD 45 after urging by nurse C. No tears, just shrugged my shoulders and moved on, knowing there's a lil' one in the hospital now that needs me and will probably melt my heart when I meet him!

Email if you want to see him. The pic isn't very good and the rash is at it's worst in the picture though.

8 Comments:

  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger Shinny said…

    Let's just hope it's a girl! Congratulations. I am unlurking to congratulate you. I so hope it all works out and you end up with a house full of babies.

     
  • At 2:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I've always liked that song. It holds so true in SO many ways...

    When will you be meeting Baby D? Can't wait to hear all about it!

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger In Due Time said…

    Congrats!!!!

    I would love to see a picture of the new baby.

    Hugs!

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Congratulations - you're little one is so adorable. I hope you can post a pic of the new one soon :-)

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Shinny,

    That is a negative pg test as usual, sorry to disappoint, but I should be getting a new baby boy soon.

    This test has to have a + sign to be positive and AF came last night too:(

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger Hoping For A Baby said…

    I wanted to read your entire blog before commenting. It took me a while, but I did it! I was drawn to your blog because although I'm trying IVF right now, my husband and I ultimately just want to be parents and we both believe that adoption is just as "natural" as having biological children. So I'm starting to look into foster care and adoption in the event that IVF doesn't work for us.

    So that said, what a journey you've been on! I know first hand what a Korean teenager is like because I'm Korean American (albeit very Americanized as I came to the U.S. when I was 3 yrs old). Two years ago, I had to deal with a cousin from Korea. She was here for a month and it damn near killed me! Koreans are notorious for coddling their children while they're still in school. As a result, many Korean teenagers don't do basic things that American children are expected to do (like picking up after themselves). Korea is also the most connected country in the world, and so I couldn't help but laugh at SY and her marathon computer sessions. My cousin also had those marathon sessions (which is why she also slept alot during the day) and actually ended up breaking my computer!

    Anyway, sorry for such a long comment on your blog! Baby N is beautiful, and your journey has given me hope on my own journey to parenthood.

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Lisa!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought that was a positive test at first, til I read further down in the comments. I guess I need to get my eyes checked, but you really had me going there for a second!

    :-)

    Smooches,
    GL

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger MamaKBear said…

    I love that song, and yes, it's sooo true! Hugs!

    (Got that song going through my head now, thanks! lol)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home