Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Back to School

Well, my vacation is early. I start school on Monday. I have two classes to complete in the month of July and the final part of my teaching exam. Well, I don't have to take both, but want to get finished. I'll have 3 classes remaining after the summer, then I can start my internship, then I'll be certified.

Smiley's nuerologist said we're already doing everything we can for him. He believes he will walk. My goals for him just have to keep changing as we get more info. I am no longer confident he will be self-supportive as an adult. Three goals I have for now:

1. walk
2. chew and drink well
3. talk or communicate

Of course, it would be great if he could potty train as well. I am not ashamed of his limitations. Now I just worry about long-term care. Who will care for him after we die? I've been told he will be able to attend school. I know there's No Child Left Behind, but I thought he would have too many special needs to attend school, but he can go, potty trained or not. I thank God I have a great daycare now who loves him to death.

J is thriving now without G. I was hoping J would teach Smiley some things, but Smiley has been the teacher. J now jumps in his bed and throws toys too.

If you don't here from me in a while, I promise to update as much as I can. Actually, there hasn't been too much drama lately, so it's been nice.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:29 PM, Blogger Happy Mama to Three said…

    A little peace in a storm is never going to be turned down, huh? Being proud of Smiley is who you are as a Mama. I know you will work through every challenge, every goal and he will make it there and need another to strive for

    I am so happy that J is doing better. You have done such a hard thing by giving him a chance to profit from learning to be himself. YEA for throwing toys. I loved loved toy battles.

    Happy day after the 4th

    Cindi

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    the smile on that little face is beautiful. I am sure it will be hard but take one day at a time. I am glad J is doing better how old was he again? How is K doing?

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger bloggingmomto2 said…

    Lisa

    Smiley is an amazing little boy. Look what he has already been through in his young life. My son couldn't walk, talk, or eat at Smiley's age. He is now walking, climbing and almost running! It didn't happen until almost age 5.
    He still has eating issues, but he is healthy and strong. He drinks Ensure Plus to get extra nutrients.
    He may never talk, but he communicates through pointing and has different sounds for things. We don't look to the future we just focus on today and how thankful we are to be his parents.

    Don't put any limitations on Smiley...he may just surprise you.
    It seems like so many thinges "clicked" for our son at age 6. He still isn't potty trained, but he uses the potty regularly.

    The main thing is he is happy, we love him and he is ours! :)

     
  • At 6:24 AM, Blogger SD said…

    I have read your blog and love it-I am not sure if I ever left a comment before as I never had a google account-but now I do and started a blog too! Your little guy is precious, and his picture is so cute-no doubt he will thrive with you and will most likely exceed many of your expectations!! He looks like a true joy to raise. Congrats on you new job---and those other people (that principal was just pure evil!--good riddens!)

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger Runergirl said…

    Sounds realistic to me. He is such a joy to be around and I think will suprise us all:)

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Paula71 said…

    Please add me to the palace. I have been a follower for a while. My name is Paula. I live in Texas and have an 11 year old with disabilities. You can e-mail me at paula_zoey@yahoo.com

    Thank You

     

Post a Comment

<< Home