Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Who Turned on The A/C, and Sprinkler?

I hate this time of the year. I finally start thinking it's warming up, and summer is approaching, then BAM! The last cold spell with rain! Apparantely this final cold front decided to make it's appearance Good Friday and still sticking around now, bringing with it today dreary, depressing rain.

Don't you just love it when your piping hot crawfish are quickly turned ice cold due to a cold breeze that decided to blow on your Good Friday crawfish boil? Of course, this breeze only magically appeared everytime a new pot of boiled crawfish was dumped on the table.

So, we had cold crawfish. Since one of the nominated cooks was a yankee(no offense Robin. I consider you a southern girl already), they were not spicy either!

Ok, seriousy, who would you choose to have boil your crawfish, L, who was born and raised down the bayou, or Uncle R, who is from Michigan? You would think the crawfish boil was in Michigan! Lucky for me, one of the few advantages of living in this crap town is seafood is plentiful, fresher, and cheaper, so I had my fill of crawfish before those 12 sacks were ruined that day.

Ok, I'm gonna stop boring you about crawfish and the weather, but the rain is really depressing me. I had a bad missing Princess day yesterday triggered by a project at work. I am thinking about Bubbles and how much it is gonna tear me up to lose her. Maybe I was ready to care for another baby, but not ready for all the family drama that comes along with it.

I am starting to get excited about Smiley possibly becoming freed for adoption. There are times now when he does cute things and I think, "that's gonna be my son." It's a nice thought that gets me through some tough times.

I watch Smiley and Bubbles play and it's like they were meant to be together. The way they interact is just adorable. Smiley definately cannot be an only child.

Oh, almost forgot, stepson has been in the hospital since Thursday, double pnuemonia,double ear infection, had surgery Saturday to drain out his lungs and surgery today(I think) to have his tonsils out. Poor kid. He was supposed to spend this week with us. His mom decided to ignore his cold symptoms and send him to school and ball practice anyway. Please pray he gets better soon. L may have to fly in to see him a couple days this weekend.

Anyone do respite care in LA? I can't go because don't want to fly with two babies.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    I'll watch them!!

     
  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger GLouise said…

    You had me laughing out loud re; the crawfish boil! I want to go to a real crawfish boil, and i would definitely want your husband to tend the pot...

    Hoping you can find some respite care for your weekend trip.

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    glouise,

    I talk about respite a lot, but truth is, I couldn't bear to be without them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home