Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Monday, September 25, 2006


First of all, if you want to see pictures, see the previous post.

This is gonna be a long one, so I'll see how much I can write before I have to start working.

We woke up around 3:30am and left the house a little before 5, arriving at the hospital around 6:30. We were immediately escorted to a room in the NICU, and his nurse arrived a few minutes later. He had his own nurse as she had no other patients that day.

Around 8:00, they started the IV and he barely cried and I think the crying was because he was being held down. They put a monitor on his toe and he was fascinated that his toe was glowing red!

About 8:45, they took him back for surgery. My aunt's SIL was the surgery nurse(just as she promised she would be. About 9:45, bio mom arrived. Baby N was brought back to the room around 10:15. We were given strict instructions not to stimulate him, which bio mom ignored and the nurse had to pull her out of the room to explain that he would be in great pain if she woke him.

Around 12:30, I had enough babysitting his mom, so I let her hold him a little then told the social worker it was time for her to go(another story, which I cannot go into the details). Baby N immediately perked up when she left and I held him.

Anyway, here's the good news. Baby N has been cleared to eat my mouth. We received many bottles and nipples from the hospital to try. I have been trying feeding by mouth a little before each feeding without much luck since his mouth is hurting. I will begin searching for an occupational therapist today for help. I don't think he likes his formula which is not good!

Anyway, I was gonna make him stay the night in the hospital because I wasn't liking the way he was breathing, but he was doing much better around 7pm and we were discharged a little after 10pm and stayed the night at my mom's to be closer to the hospital.

Baby N came through like a champ and has been on non prescription tylenol for pain all weekend. He's one tough little cookie!


  • At 6:37 AM, Blogger Tamara said…

    Oh my gosh, I just got the pictures and they are astonishing! I really believe the Lord has used the doctors there for another miracle - I just about cried when I saw them too! The difference is amazing, and I'm so glad your little man did so well in surgery. I pray he continues to recover well.

  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    That is amazing!! I am so happy he isn't in much pain!!! and that he gets to eat with his mouth soon!! Yea Baby N! bm- just another reason why she can't truly take care of him. :( sad really- glad this part is over!

  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger sourpatchbaby said…

    He's such a trooper! And obviously he knows who his momma is. Let's pray that he becomes enamoured with the whole eating thing and doesn't need an OT for long. Maybe you can give him frozen fruit in a baby safe feeder to help relieve his discomfort and get him used to eating by mouth?

  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger Happy Mama to Three said…

    Oh it sounds like he has done beautifully and that he is very sure about the security of his Mama. I hope that he heals quickly and that soon his pain is gone and he is eating like a champ in just a few days.

    The surgical result pictures look like you have a great surgical team who do beautiful work.


  • At 4:37 PM, Blogger Kitkat said…

    Sounds like Baby N is one tough little guy! And how AWESOME he can start having real bottles! YAY!!!!

  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    I have read just a bit of your blog, I was a foster mom for 10 years and adopted 3 grils through the system. I have started writeing a book on our fostering, Please feel free to stop by my now boring life with 3 teens. and check out my foster parenting blog also. Beautiful baby by the way.


Post a Comment

<< Home