Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Good Things

I know I've had a rough past couple weeks, but I'm about to tell you about all the hidden little blessings since baby N came to live with us. Lots of baby talk coming up, so if you're feeling crappy today, visit back in a few days:


1. I love doing laundry. I am now pleasantly surprised to find baby clothes mixed in our laundry. Every time I take his clothes out the dryer, I fold them and smile. I have a baby living with me!

2. I had baby N settling down for bed the other night around 9pm. He could have just dozed off to sleep quickly, but I just HAD to pick him up and give him snuggles. Of course, I'm rewarded with that huge smile from him.

3. Giving him kisses before I leave for work(and the big smiles in return).

4. Getting snuggles from him when I get home from work.

5. Making an ass of myself baby talking to get one of those precious smiles.

6. Picking him up when he cries and his head instantly lays on my shoulder.

7. There is formula in my fridge.

8. There are diapers, baby wipes, clothes and toys everywhere, and I haven't even got all the stuff I need yet.


How could his mom have had something more important to do than spending an hour snuggling with my precious baby N?

2 Comments:

  • At 7:35 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    I totally agree!! It is the little things- I love finding little socks everywhere!

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    The other night hubby and I went to cuddle in bed and as we got in bed, we found a rattle! I said, "Hey hun, before it was sex toys, now its baby toys!" We both cracked up so loud we almost woke the baby!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home