Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Family Visit

Tomorrow.

One of the 2 hours a month that I am not baby N's mommy.

On tomorrow's agenda, nurse C, will attempt to teach bio mom to feed baby N via feeding tube. I informed her of this before I left this morning, and I was nearly laughing my ass of at her comment(although, I guess it's not funny):

Lisa: Nurse C, what time do you feed baby N in the morning.

Nurse C: between 7:30-7:45, why?

Lisa: Do you think he could make it until 8:00 tomorrow? OCS says bio mom needs to learn how to feed him tomorrow?

Nurse C: From what I heard, she needs to learn how to hold him first!

Lisa: True, but they said it's time for you to show her how to feed him, but if she's late, feed him. Don't make him wait on her.

Nurse C: Of course not!

I forgot about foster mom saying how many times bio mom nearly dropped him. I guess I'll pack two bottles tomorrow morning in case we lose one in the feeding lesson.

L is not thrilled about going. I reminded him how I'd love to take him to every visit when he decides to let me be a stay at home mom.

No comment on that one. I guess he'll have a blast tomorrow morning. Wish us luck.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    On mercy, hun. Is this your first "family visit" you will have taken him to, or have you been through this already? Dunno if anyone mentioned it, but biomoms love to change the kids clothes - just don't be alarmed if it happens. Apparently it makes them feel more like a "mom". I hope it goes well - I really do. Social workers will be paying close attention to how biomom does with the baby.

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    I hope the visit goes well for Baby N sake. I don't want him going through any unnecessary choking or anything!!! Maybe biomom should just watch the feeding not attempt it herself! He shouldn't have to suffer through her clumsiness! I am praying for ya'll!! Nurse C sounds hilarious! oh- and who did you find to watch baby N now? no more Monster in law!! Yea!!!

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Bio Mom changed his clothes last time. This is our 2nd visit.

    We have a new sitter. Jack and Jill's mom. I know what everyone is thinking, but I mis-judged her in my earlier posts. Their dad is drinking away their child support, so she could use the extra money(and L is close by). She does good with him, and Jack and Jill love coming to our house, so it is working out good so far.

    Julie,

    Can you believe MIL asked L if he needed her to watch baby N yesterday afternoon? The nerve!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home