Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Bad News

I tried to keep this blog happy today, but just received the following news:

Biomom is coming to baby N's 2 doctor's appointments Monday afternoon.

It's a 2 hour drive to New Orleans (she's riding with social worker though). As soon as we arrive at the hospital, he's her baby. We are gonna have to sit and look pretty, keep our mouths shut, and watch someone else be mommy for a few hours while attending his doctor visits.

I will not be able to comfort him with all the strangers. Our job is to ask questions and take notes.

Oh, social worker calls L at 10:30 because she wanted a visit with him at 11 today! Then she talked about re-scheduling next week, but L said she could visit with him at the doctor's office.

5 people will be attending the consult, bio mom, social worker, nurse, L and Me! They better pull out a lot of chairs.

Wish me luck.

9 Comments:

  • At 12:09 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    That is so weird that the social worker will transport the bio mom- i just think that is going overboard. But what do I know- I am just a part of the team- yup- silently expected to sit on the bench and pick up the pieces. Oh wait- I can't have that attitude! I can't have an opinion. So much more I would have liked to post in my post about my conversation last night but in the off chance that she finds it I had to refrain. grrrrrrrrr. just like you right now- grrrrrrrrrrr. I bet bio mom won't even show-

     
  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    If she can't get her own transportation to his dr visits, then she can't care for him properly anyway.


    Social worker isn't going out of her way though. She has to sign papers for his surgery anyway.

    Julie,

    email me more about the conversation if you can.

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck...Lew and I had to sit through several visits of Toots and Noodles with their biomom, and because the agency was shortstaffed WE had to "supervise" the visit. Definitely weird and uncomfortable. At least you will have the SW there, hopefully to run interference. Be strong and think of his smiles and cuddles.

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Good luck! I'm sorry that you have to deal with these frustrating moments, but hopefully the good things will continue to completely outweigh the negative.

     
  • At 9:13 PM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Ugggg!

     
  • At 7:29 AM, Blogger FosterMommy said…

    Oh, that sucks. Did the CW tell you that you have to defer to the bio-mom? We've had Niblet's parent/s come to 2 of her various doctors appointments and they just sit back and watched. They wouldn't have anything to say, anyway! We're the ones who know her.

    Of course, the CW never showed up, and the parents are basically shy, so if it's just us, them and the baby, the doctor generally defers to us.

    I hope that it all goes well for you.

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Keeping The Faith said…

    Sending lots of luck your way!
    KAC

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger x said…

    That is a very difficult situation. I am not sure how I would handle it (probably cry and eat lots of chocolate).

     
  • At 5:10 PM, Blogger Nique said…

    Lisa I hope it all goes well. Thinking and praying for you all as always.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home