Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Cute Baby N Stuff

As requested by Jo, since I've been rather boring lately, here are some facts about baby N:

-I got my first hug from him Monday afternoon after I picked him up at my MIL's house. He put his two little arms around my neck and head on my shoulder.

-He has such a cute look of relief on his face when I'm filling his stomach with food via the feeding tube.

-His smile is absolutely adorable. Because of the cleft, his mouth opens really big and funny looking when his smiles. It is so cute.

-He likes to cuddle and be held close.

-He likes to watch TV. I had him in his bouncy seat in front of our bed and L said his eyes were wide open watching TV!

-He expects to be the center of attention 24/7. How dare I try to print some pictures or blog while he's awake! Of course, I am rewarded with cuddles.

Some other updates/concerns about baby N.

-Social worker called his mom and informed her of baby N's appointment in New Orleans. His mom asks why she's bothering if they are staffing for termination. Social worker suggests she sign away rights and save them the trouble. She smirks something along the line of "Well, I might as well." We could only dream...

-Bio mom wants to take baby N to the zoo. Remember he is 7 months, not 3 years old!

-Bio mom may get to stay with him while he's in the hospital. I don't know if that means we cannot stay, or we have to share him. Social worker is still not sure, because she has already been told by his other doctor's not to come without the social worker there. She has caused many scenes.

-I am concerned about baby N's hearing. He's not responding well to noises. He has to get tubes. Could this be part of the problem since this hasn't been done yet?

-Social worker is highly impressed and told L, "You sure know how to get things done." She was waiting on court orders to transfer baby N's medicine records, but L found a way to get them transfered.

That's all I can think of for now. If you want pictures, and I know you, send me an email, but if anyone asks, you are my out-of-state friends, not internet friends. Give me a few days to respond since baby N may not let me get on the internet everyday, but I can do some emailing from work.

7 Comments:

  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    I am just so happy and excited for you! I pray that bio mom will realize what is best for him. You are so blessed. I'm glad things have been going so well. Happy belated birthday!!!

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    Awww, so sweet! Thanks for the update, I love hearing about what babies are doing. Does he have a favorite toy or story yet? My daughter will be so jealous, her little monster is WAY too busy for anything but a 10 second cuddle and she is such a stinker about giving away her kisses. Wish I was there for a cuddle too, I could use one!

     
  • At 4:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    He sounds absolutely wonderful! Hope having him with you made for a super Happy Birthday!

     
  • At 5:24 AM, Blogger sourpatchbaby said…

    Happy belated birthday. Sorry I was MIA for a while. It's been crazy. I'm happy that things are working out. Don't worry bout New Orleans, surely they will let you be with baby N during the stay. The Lord will continue to hold your family in His hand.

     
  • At 6:37 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Hey hun - just wanted to pop in to say "hi" and let you know I'm still checking in. I, to am swamped at work, and with my MIL staying with us, things are a zoo! BTW - just read about your Monster-in-Law. I am sooooo sorry, hun. I hope your husband stood up to her and took his rightful place by your side. I hope he let his mother know he will not tolerate comments like that.

    So wonderful to hear about your little cuddle-bug. It is all worth it, isn't it.

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    What a cutie!!! I hope the bio gives up! If she doesn't want him- then why does she stick around. I am sure it is hard on her- but really!!!! Hang in there. Praying for ya'll!

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    What a cutie!!! I hope the bio gives up! If she doesn't want him- then why does she stick around. I am sure it is hard on her- but really!!!! Hang in there. Praying for ya'll!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home