Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Prayers Please

My former foster daughter is pregnant. She wanted to give it up for adoption to us but the pregnancy is eptopic.

She refused to take the medication for it to pass. I know this can be life threatening, so worried for her.

Am I correct in assuming with an eptopic pregnancy there is no possible way for the baby to grow and survive? Risking mom's life will not save the baby right?

I just want all the facts because if I have the opportunity to talk to her I want to be correct in advice. I would never be one to talk someone out of a pregnancy risky to their health, but I am afraid in this case there's nothing to save the baby.

I admire her faith in this. Monday morning doctors will perform surgery if it hasn't passed.

If you follow me on facebook, PLEASE do not bring this issue there because I want her confidentiality protected. I just needed to share somewhere to get the worry off my chest.

10 Comments:

  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger Ms. J said…

    unfortunately an ectopic means the baby is growing outside of the uterus, so no, baby will not survive no matter what.

    this is VERY serious, and she needs medical attention ASAP.

    So sorry for her and the baby.

    HUGS

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    That's what I thought. They are supposed to take her in for surgery Mon. I hope nothing happens before then.

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger StarfishMom said…

    Oh L. I'm so sorry!! To be so close... My heart breaks for her and no, the baby will not survive without adequate room to grow. You BOTH are in my prayers!!!! XOX

     
  • At 6:30 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    The pain got too bad so she went into the hospital tonight and they are going to do what they have to. Hopefully, this won't affect her having future kids.

     
  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger KrazyMom said…

    Thinking of you and your former foster daughter.

     
  • At 6:17 AM, Blogger Micky said…

    Unfortunately there is nothing Drs. can do to save the baby, if the pregnancy is tubal, as the baby grows the tube will burst and the mother could had an internal bleeding that can be life threatening.

    I am sorry to hear about this.

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger Maddie's Mom said…

    I'm hoping and praying that she's ok. There is no way for the baby to survive since it's growing outside of the uterus. I pray that they get the surgery done ASAP. We lost my 33 year old sister-in-law to complications from an etopic pregnancy that ruptured. It's nothing to play with or wait around on.

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    I so not know BUT prayers are all over this.

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thats hard, so Sorry.

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Carol said…

    Wow, intense story. Good luck with the foster to adopt. My sister in law took three years to finalize hers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home